New Aged Mafia

At the end of a Long Shift

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: At the end of a Long Shift

Post  Himitsu on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:17 pm

"No, that's alright. I'm fine, really." The refusal had come instantly out of politeness, before she could even consider the question. But when she did pause to consider it, after her first statement, she agreed with it.
Her apartment, small as it was, was her private place in a way she'd never had while living with her parents. Secure, solitary, and that way safe. She could hide there for days if she'd wanted. Her schoolmates didn't know her address, her workmates didn't know her address, she trusted her boss to not abuse the fact it was in her employee records, her neighbors seemed to appreciate their own privacy too much to ruin hers.

She let the boy - name! She really, really needed his name! - call Joanna ahead, lingering a little behind them as she checked her location. The next block would be about the point she turned off. At least neither of them seemed too put out that she'd refused to let them walk her home.
...And the same treacherous part of her brain that had muttered the boy was kind of cute could shut up about how it was disappointing he'd smiled and taken her up on that without protest so easily.

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joi6chan on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:26 pm

She gave her a smile again then catched up with him. But one thought was on her mind. Did she refused because she wanted to be alone? Or did she refused because she don´t wanted them to find out more about herself? A safe place noone knows about. Well, either way it was alright. The next steps would be up to her anyway. Before she could disappear she waved her a goodbye then turned to him.

"So, tell me you plan. But beforehand ... if I´m supposed to work with you I, at least, want to know your name. I refuse working with someone I don´t even know his or her name."

Concerning him she had clear ideas. Also, the way he behaved around her was making her feel uneasy, almost a bit jealous. She was the one who knew him not Himitsu and he was talking with her more familiar then he did when they first met. Also a strange feeling. She was used to be the centre of attention though she hated it most of the time. But, well ...
Joi6chan
Joi6chan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Turning back to Himitsu to see how far she was to them, " How about I tell you tomorrow? When my plan is set in motion. "

Not bothering to give her a chance to answer, because he wasn't really going to tell her, or give her a chance to negotiate it, he faces the road up ahead.

" We're going to her school tomorrow. With your assistance, I'll be able to enter her class without approval. I can pretend to be a new student and blend in with the other students. It'll give me a chance to monitor her behaviour and convince her to help me. And since I'll be close to her, she can gain a sense of trust and friendship. For the purpose of forgetting her contract negotiations and helping me, of course... "

Now turning to Joanna, " ... Then that's when I'll need you to 'convince' someone in the office to let her leave for early dismissal. Whatever you can do is fine. As long as we get her on our side at the end. With an excused absence, it'll be easier for her to make a decision. "
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Joanna waved easily when she said she'd walk alone - Himiko assumed it was an acceptance. The boy gave less indication, catching up to speak to Joanna, but she took the silence as an agreement as well. The two up ahead spoke quietly to each other. With their backs to her, Himiko didn't have a hope of understanding a word, so she let them have their own conversation.
Instead, she busied herself with stopping to check the street name on the sign post at the end of the block, double-checking the accuracy of her mental map. Exactly correct. As was usual.

She called out to the foreign pair, who were further ahead, and waved towards the right turn, "This is my turn-off. I think we part ways here." She gave a slight bow, not wanted to lean down further in case she upset her food box, "It was nice meeting you both." She paused a moment, to see if they'd give her a reply before she left.

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joi6chan on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Walking with him she listened to all he had to say while still paying some attention to Himitsu walking behind them. The plan was good but only to convince her in helping us. Not more. But appearing as a new classmate was also problematic. She wasn´t that stupid to believe the story of being new and only wanting some help. Well, though both was true, in a way. And also her part was kind of problematic.

"The office, mmh? You want me to play the new temporary teacher? I´ve got no problem with it, on the contrary, but ... I hope it does not work out the wrong way."

She sighed. Temporary teacher. Nice. She alway wanted to try this. And since she was from a foreign country it was easy to convince them in teaching the students a new language. Himitsus shouting was waking her from her thoughts. She turned round and gave her a smile again. Noticing the street name Himitsu was turning off Joanna payed attention to him again.

"So, you ignored my question and the deal affiliated with it. It´s your choice but I think if you want us to help you should at least give any information even if it´s just your name. I tolerated it last time since there was no use in knowing this information but now ... And don´t you dare giving a wrong name. I know when people lie."

She stopped while looking in his eyes. She wouldn´t go any further without knowing those little detail. Really.
Joi6chan
Joi6chan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:28 pm

His eyes shifted from place to place, then to Himitsu's direction. Thanks to his alert senses, he could tell that she said something to them. He couldn't quite make it out though. So for now, it was best to give her a brief nod in understanding. No words.

Until his eyes met Joanna's. He stopped.

" I'm only trying to protect you. If you knew my real name and were happened to be kidnapped, you'll only lead people to me. People I've tried my best to avoid. I can't just give you every information you want. That makes things harder for me. I know you're strong and all, but this is between me and my family. We've worked together this long. I'm sure you can survive another day without knowing my name. "

Starting to walk away, " Oh, and my plan won't fail. I'll give her another option she can't resist. She'll agree to it. "
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Joanna smiled and the boy nodded at her - Himiko took it as a sign they'd heard, though it was a little (or a lot) off-putting they hadn't actually spoken a goodbye. Of course, they did look as though they were getting engrossed into their conversation. She supposed it was enough that they knew she wasn't following them anymore.
The two continued to walk down the street. Himiko watched them for a brief moment longer, before ducking down the side street. It wasn't that long a walk, but her leg ached mildly and she'd been on her feet for a long time. Taking the long way home from school had possibly been a bad move; she'd already been running late.

Fumbling with her bag, Himiko found the book she'd worked to hard to retrieve. The last thing she wanted to do was go to all the trouble of getting it and then not reading it in time after all. She knew this path well enough that she could read and walk at the same time.
Himiko was a quick reader. The comprehension to match her photographic memory meant that scanning a page let her remember everything written on it, and she began to devour the book's contents at a fast pace. It would still take some time to finish, though. At least it was vaguely interesting - it was almost too bad she'd have to pull it apart with analysis tomorrow.

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joi6chan on Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:58 pm

Joanna stayed speachless. His answer was pissing her off. She knew before that there was a risk for him and her if he gave her his name but ... Does he really thought he was the only one with trouble and risks by giving out information? If her boss would know that she gave out her name he would be ... let´s say angry enough to make her regret and the people who know it. She wouldn´t put up with that excuse.

"Are you kidding? You just called me out to tell me your plan? And you don´t even want to give out your name? Well, it´s up to you. Think about it ´til tomorrow. You don´t need to give me your full name but your first name or else I´m not going to work with you. That´s no blackmail. It´s a condition. You´ve got my phone number, so ... See ya."

She turned away and walked along the street. There was no other choice. Himitsu would probably do the same and it is important to know ones name. After a few minutes she stopped and looked back. She couldn´t remember taking this way to get here. She sighed and went back. Joanna needed to find an excuse for being late again and starting off so sudden. So, no need to hurry ...
Joi6chan
Joi6chan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:13 am

" Joanna. "

He sighs. Calling her wasn't going to do anything. Maybe it was better to leave her alone for now. There were just some things he couldn't bring himself to say. There was line between friendship and business.

" Fine... I'll tell you something tomorrow.... "

Sadly, that was a lie. Sort of. Thinking about it isn't something he would consider doing. Plenty of time now, now that she left. No point in looking again.

He turns around to keep walking. The little motel room he rented for two days was in the same direction. Having little money left, he had to leave the next day. He could manage to find a small job to take care of that. All in all, the whole day wasn't so bad. He found out something. Caught up with an old friend. And met... someone he would actually be interested in. For business purposes, of course...

...He had to stop lying to himself.
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:48 am

Himitsu was unaware of the argument the two foreigners had, already a street and several blocks away by the time Joanna's temper showed itself. She couldn't prevent a yawn, only able to cover her mouth as she did so - it felt like she was getting a little less sleep every night as of late. On the other hand, tomorrow was Friday, so at least it looked like she wouldn't have much homework this weekend. Just work - a six hour shift tomorrow evening, what had she been thinking when she agreed to those hours?

The trip to Himitsu's apartment was uneventful. Her neighbors all seemed to be reigned in for the evening; even the hoping-to-be-professional musician a few doors down was silent. She climbed to the second story and unlocked her door without looking up from her book.
The apartment was tiny - space was a priceless commodity in Japan - but she'd learnt how to make the most of the space, and it fit her well enough. Her bag was hung up on its hook by the door, her uniform and homework retrieved from inside it. Her box of food - a steak with that spicy orange sauce, with rice and vegetables on the side, her mouth watered at the sight - popped into the microwave. Halfway through the book, maybe she'd get to sleep early tonight after all. The small purple box, swinging gently on its chain from her bag, was forgotten.

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5