New Aged Mafia

New Student and Teacher?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: New Student and Teacher?

Post  Negai on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:36 am

Since nobody came to sit down next to her, he sat down. The seat to the right of her.

Yes, it was hard. But what else was he to do? He chose to be on his own after all. Right now, he didn't mind answering these questions. They weren't too personal, and could be answered with just a small info. There was no use misleading her now.

" I was planning on leaving today, but I changed my mind after meeting you... "

If she agreed to help him today, he would leave Japan after finding what he came for. That is, if there was nothing worth staying for.

" I don't live with my family anymore. So I move on my own whenever I want to. You said you live alone too, right? "
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:43 am

A little part of Himiko was pleased when he sat down beside her. It let them continue the conversation, and maybe a little bit of her wanted to stick her tongue out at the giggly girl in the back of her usual row. ‘He sat down beside me, he knew me first. Nyah.’ Silly, childish inner-Himiko needed to be quiet and bring back mature, confident inner-Himitsu.
“…changed my mind after meeting you.” The books slipped from her hand and landed on the top in front of her with a plop. The world froze as she stared at him wide-eyed.
Then her watch ticked and time resumed again. Not for the first time around this boy did the heat rise through her face, but then time it seemed to leave no blood for her brain to work, “I, uh, eh-” She stuttered for a moment, but then gave up and turned in her seat to start at the hand, sinking down and shoulders hunched. She wanted to squirm in place, fiddle with her hands perhaps, but her body felt frozen. ‘Does he even realize what it sounds like he’s saying?

She was silent as she tried to get a hold of herself again, trying to shove the situation away until she could deal with it in private. But she was still pink to her ears and couldn’t look at him when the next conversation topic came up, “I do – sorry, I suppose I shouldn’t have asked.” Her shoulder’s loosened a bit, though she still looked straight ahead, “I can’t imagine traveling so much by myself though. It was all I could do to move to this town once! That was… actually really hard. I don’t know how you could manage to move to a different country on your own, much less more than once. It sounds incredible.”

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:59 pm

When she had that expression on her face, he wondered if he said something wrong. Now thinking back to what he said, he realizes what his comment might have meant to her. In a romantic way, he really did mean it. Even if it was unintentional before, he wasn't going to take it back. He could feel himself developing these feelings for her, no matter how hard he tried to get past that cute look she gave him, and her personality. There was just something about her... It was almost as if she was changing too.

" You get used to it. The most difficult part is having no one to be with... "

He didn't want to admit it, but that was true. In his situation, he couldn't afford to have any emotional attachment. It was just like being back home with his father again.

Though Himitsu didn't exactly face him, he stared directly to her eyes, placed his palm on her forehead and continues, " Himitsu, are you okay? You don't have to apologize. You can tell and ask me anything you want. "

Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:30 pm

"I can imagine. Well, no I can't, but I can extrapolate and imagine it feels a little like that." The first few months after leaving home had been very lonely, even after she'd started school and working. She knew her memory was impressive, but it still took her a moment after thinking 'I bet Kotone would like that cake shop there' to remember that Kotone and the rest of her friends were far away. She hadn't contacted them since leaving, something she felt guilty for.
The full effort of moving on her own with no help had been partly terrible and partly relieving, like popping a blister so that all the pus could flow out. It hurt more for a moment, but then there was a relief from previous pain and pressure. She couldn't believe traveling repeatably on your own would have the same emotional process to it. And he'd said he moved when he wanted to, "Though it might be different because I like a little long-term consistency. If you move when you want, I suppose you get sick of staying in one city. But it still must get really lonely."

Hikari leaned in closer to her, his hand warm on her forehead. The whole setup basically forced her to turn and look at him again, even if she was still blushing something horrible, "No, it wasn't right for me to ask questions I wouldn't want to answer - and telling me I can ask whatever I want is-" flattering "-kind of dangerous when you think about it. If I were to ask you if you were a mafia hitman, and you were, what would you answer?" The extreme example was familiar to her, as some sort of inside joke many of her father's friends had referenced around her. She still didn't know what the actual joke was. Maybe she'd make her own joke of it one day instead.

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:53 am

She was looking at him again. That was a good sign. For a second there, he thought something was wrong. Instead of being thrown off-guard, he lets out a little laugh. Totally unexpected. And for reason, it made him smile at the fact that she didn't actually know the truth.

" That's a good question. "

Now looking at her with a somewhat serious face and squinted eyes, like the kind of look couples had when they were flirting seriously... to the point where it was just foreplay. Negai was still playing with her when he did so, only trying to be all serious with the smile he was trying to hold back. From her view, it would actually keep her from thinking he was capable of being such a person.

" If I was a hitman, I'd tell you. I'm a dangerous person. You really shouldn't be around me either. I don't think you'd be able to handle it... "

Teasing now.

" What made you think of hitmen? You don't have a thing for them, do you? "
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:55 pm

If her cheeks weren’t already red, they surely would have burned at the suggestive tone and words. She chose to do her best to ignore the implications and instead act as though the statement were completely serious, because if she didn’t she’d probably end up doing something humiliating. Like squeal as she melted into a little puddle of embarrassed-happy. “We’ve been acquainted for more than fifteen hours and I haven’t had anyone try to stab me or hit me over the head with a hunk of metal.” Which was certainly a better track record than spending the same amount of time in her childhood home, “I think I’ll judge when to jump ship.” If he was going to tease her, she could joke back. It helped stop her from taking the other route, and reacting to that look Hikari gave her. That look which was…
Well, it was many things. It was the look you saw in romantic movies and most girls dreamed their crush would give them and made Himiko’s skin get goosebumps. It was a look she kind of wanted to see more often, directed at her. It was a look that was a strange sight to see on Hikari’s face, because her mind kept flashing back to that same, indescribable expression he’d worn when they’d first met and she just didn’t understand how this could be the same person as that. The two expressions were so far apart it seemed unreal to see them both on the same face. And she didn’t like that line of thought, because it caused Himitsu – cool, confidant and wholly independent Himitsu – to whisper things that the Himiko who thought Hikari was cute didn’t want to consider. Himiko wanted to see where this led, Himitsu thought she could see the way enough to know better.

It was unusual for Himiko to want to be the her that she felt inside, rather than the one she tried to pretend to be and projected for everyone else to see. She felt more vulnerable than she imagined she would. Maybe that was causing her to slip back into long-dead habits, and that was why she was making references that related to a past she wanted to eliminate entirely?
Himitsu shrugged, not considered the question very hard or important, “It’s an example I heard all the time growing up. Some sort of inside joke, it was the favorite hyperbole for father and his friends.” Said men were only slightly more likable than her own father; Himiko didn’t think she wanted to understand how their mind’s worked, "Like, they'd tell me that if I ever brought a boy home, my father would gather them together so they'd give him an alibi as he 'went hitman' on the boy's family and leave his entire family tree in flames." She might have thought it funny, if not for the fact that Watari-san had always looked so very serious when he was joking like that, as though the joke were to make her believe it.

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:56 pm

No one has tried yet. Right now, he only wanted to delay the negative thoughts about what would actually happen in the future, if some assassin were to find them together. He couldn't say he felt completely safe in the school either. But just being with this girl and the comfort of knowing that he could be slightly different around her, made him feel-

When a student passed by, his train of thought was momentarily stopped. His mind was fixed on protecting himself, as if the student was about to attack him while his guard was down. Then after that short distraction, he tried to regain the feeling he had earlier. Negai's eyes shift back to her, hoping she hadn't caught that. He was at least quick enough to hide it. ' Don't trust her. Don't trust her. ' Joanna's voice was now stuck on his mind.

" I don't blame your father. It'd be hard to trust a guy to not do anything when he's with someone like you. "

There was more to it that he wanted to say. He tried to keep himself from complimenting her even more than he needed to. The strange part about her father was that he used the mafia as a threat. Negai could understand that her father was being protective... but... maybe he meant... No... he couldn't have been connected to the mafia.
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Hikari twitched a little whenever someone walked past them. Something between a restrained jerk and simply, suddenly focusing his full attention on them. Then he went back to conversing with her with nary a pause in conversation. If Himiko weren’t so sharp-eyed, she probably wouldn’t have noticed. As it was, she noticed but couldn’t imagine what was so important about the odd habit to pay any attention to it. Himitsu mentally kicked her sharply in the head once, the first time it happened. The second – when the teacher walked to the front of the room to begin the lesson – the action was registered and dismissed as soon as it occurred.

Their conversation continued in whispers as the lesson started. Talking in class was out of behaviour of her; usually she did her best to focus on the lessons. But she wanted to keep talking with Hikari while she could. Wanted to learn what she could, shut Himitsu’s cynicism about the boy up, and presumably start to understand this strange person whose eyes changed between hypnotizing and something haunting that she’d rather leave behind her.
The fact he was discussing her father robbed any flattery the comment might have had, replacing it was a much more sullen mood, “Hn. I doubt that would have ever been my father’s concern in the matter.” What would have upset her father would be that, if she were focused on a boy, she would be less focused on training. Boys didn’t fit into his control of her life any more than friends did. Just recalling it made her feel sick in the stomach, and she desperately fumbled for a way to change the subject, “Besides, I’m hardly anything special – the plain side of ordinary if anything. You’ve traveled, you must know lots of exotic foreign girls.”

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:18 am

As the teacher went on, he would alternate between speaking to Himitsu and looking back up to the teacher. Having to pretend that he was paying attention to the teacher made it a but harder to speak to her like he wanted to. So, at the right time, when the teacher's back was turned to them, or when it seemed like nothing would happen, he whispered back.

" Yeah, I know some foreign girls. All with different personalities... "

He smiles at the teacher and nods, then returns to whispering.

" Learning different types of languages was troublesome for me, and even harder to stay around them for long. I remember a time when a girl I only spoke one word to, suggested that I should perform on stage with her. According to her, she thought we'd be cute together. And having a limited understanding of her language, the culture, and what was expected of me, I ended up trying anyway. After attempting.... Well, let's just say I'm not allowed in her city anymore. I really couldn't relate to the other foreign girls either. " Excluding Joanna, whose voice was still on his mind.

Pause.

" But for some reason, I like speaking to you. Out of all the foreign girls I've met, I'd rather be with you. You're actually quite interesting for a plain, ordinary girl. "

Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:40 pm

Every so often, Himitsu paused in conversation to copy notes from the board at the front into her book. It was just that her note copying didn’t tend to match the rhythm of words being written and erased from the whiteboard to begin with. Her teachers tended to get upset when she claimed she didn’t need to take notes. It was just easier to humor them, and have margins to doodle in when they labored over a point too long, than to keep arguing with them all year over it.

Hikari didn’t seem to feel the need to humor their teachers, because it didn’t look like he’d written a thing; just looking up when the teacher glanced their way, and whispering to her in the meantime about the girls he’d met in his travels. ‘Maybe this wasn’t the best change of topic.’ It sounded like he’d met many girls, but only been with them briefly before moving on. She’d probably be the next in a long line of names, “You learnt Japanese very quickly, though.” He’d barely been able to speak it last night (and had asked her to be a translator for him, at that), and now here he was talking it well enough to go to a Japanese school and socialize with classmates in the language.

There was a brief lull in conversation as Himiko hurriedly copied down the next set of notes. ‘Moles, Ten to the Twenty-Third, got it already.
Then Hikari spoke again, saving her the effort of trying to think of another thing to talk about. This time she didn’t blush, thankfully. She’d had quite enough of that for the period. For the whole day. For the next week. Still, her mind stuttered for a moment at the statement, and she automatically turned to the Japanese habit of denying any compliment, “No, I’m really not interesting at all. I don’t have time to find a way to make myself interesting, for a start.”

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:58 am

Well, he wasn't so bad when it came to speaking Japanese. The teacher stopped and glanced toward their direction. He had a feeling his lack of interest would show sooner or later, but the teacher only kept quiet, then continued the lesson. A warning? It was Himitsu's fault anyway. Such a bad influence on him.

" I disagree. The little things about someone can also make them interesting. You can find time to do something that makes you interesting, it's just that you don't put in the effort to do so. "

He knew Himitsu was intelligent and hard working. And there were still things he was yet to know about her. Maybe he could give her a little push, or help as much as he could. Oddly, he cared enough to be concerned for this girl. On a different level than he normally did. What he didn't think about was whether or not his new found affection would get in the way of his goals. After all, it was hard to change old habits.
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:02 am

When the teacher glanced at them, Himiko had to resist the urge to raise an eyebrow. She was writing the notes already, what more did the teacher possibly want from her? Hikari was the one who kept talking to her.
Tiredness from running to school had left her a little irritable, apparently. Good thing she knew that now, and could keep it under wraps until it disappeared.

"Then maybe its my lack of 'little things' that makes me dull. No time for hobbies, no clubs, no family secrets or strange chaotic events in my usual routine. Just school and work and the occasional gym visit when I've got both the money and the time. Effort takes more time than I have to spare, and interests are only interesting when they're not as dry and dusty as legal precedents." Though her tone was wry, Himiko was acutely aware of the truth of those words. Right now she was running on the perfect balance which kept her from burning out. Regularly worn out, sure, but never to the point where she'd crash and burn. An extra homework assignment, or picking up one too many extra shifts at work would probably start a cascade effect.
Yet another reason she needed caution and more detailed to whatever it was Hikari wanted her help with.

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:46 am

Her tone and feeling to the matter made it harder for him to convince her otherwise. He still disagreed with her though. It was nothing they couldn't change.

" Okay. Then what do you wish you could do, if you could stop everything that you do now? With no consequences. "

Negai was kind of tempted to find a way to get them out of class. He knew she couldn't just get up and walk away like he wanted to. School was much too important for her. Unless... she agreed to it. He'd kill to get out of this science class.

Then again, he had to stay in the school long enough for her to be excused for early dismissal. The 'mission' would be harder to complete. Well, it wouldn't be all that bad. They had plenty of time.
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:55 pm

It was an interesting question. Himiko had to pause for several moments to think about it, letting the end of her pen swing idly from her hand and she stopped her notetaking. The teacher peered suspiciously at her, but she was staring forward as if she was paying attention.
Burn down the dojo in purple flames.’ Came to Himiko’s mind before she could stop it, but she refused to say it out loud. It was a horrible thing to even fantasize, nothing she’d ever be able to actually do, and it was the action of a person that she firmly never wanted to become.
And you couldn’t get fire in purple. That was just silly, and she was ridiculous for even having entertained the thought long enough to dismiss it.

“I’m not really sure. I suppose if I had the money and I didn’t need to worry about the future, I’d see the world a little – not move, travel just to see it. Learn how to skate. Find a breach of law in some international company’s policy and stare down the CEO just to make a few precedence-makers sit up and pay attention. Oh, and track down the inventor of the national 1992 Public Domain Copyright Policy and punch them in the face for stupidity that caters purely to large corporation whim. Definitely the last one.” The mere thought made her smirk in a way that was more vindictive than she let most people see, but it disappeared for a more neutral expression quickly enough, “What about you? You’ve already traveled, it seems, but you must have some things you’d like to do if you could.”

She didn't bother to return to her note taking now. It was dull, pointless busy work, and she could only do it for so long before she began to draw strange pictures instead, starting from the margins but gradually extending to cover the whole rest of the page. That was pointless activity, and not what she was bothering to come to school for. To keep her from wasting her own time, it was about this time in the period she'd begin to practice questions from the text book on the topic instead. For once, she didn't even do that. The conversation with Hikari has drawn her in more than she wanted to acknowledge.

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:04 am

The part about tracking down the 'inventor of the national 1992 Public Domain Copyright Policy' made him pause and blink. He didn't think it was too strange of a goal, but he had to admit, it was filled with detail and gave him some aspect of her behavior. Another side of her, maybe. As strange and unexpected as that was, he found it attractive. And a smirk to go with it? Nice.

By now, he knew she really was interested in law. She wasn't exactly someone a person like him would like to be around. It didn't even bother him though. He has never, and will never fear her for that. Aside from all of that, teaching her how to skate was more realistic right now. In fact, they could even do it today. Or within the hour, if they escaped from the class. With his mind already setting up a plan, he was starting to convince himself that he really could leave with her. It was also a test to see if she was willing to do something different from her normal routine.

"... Well... I haven't really thought of doing anything else. I've been so occupied with... the things I do, that I haven't really considered anything else. But... when I was younger, I always wanted to focus on improving my art, and see where it took me. I never got a chance to really use that talent. Settle down somewhere I can call home. You know, like normal people. Unfortunately, I can't stop what I do now... "

He pauses, looks at the time, then back to her.

" You could leave class with me right now to learn how to skate. If I had a plan, and you knew it was possible to get away with it, without any consequences, would you be willing to take a chance at doing something different? "

Despite the risk, he hoped she'd at least trust him. This time.

" ... It'll be more exciting than sitting here and pretending to be writing notes. "

( Aww and you're on. I have to go to sleep :/ )
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Himiko nodded in understanding. She hadn’t considered what she’d do if she could, either. The lofty goal of becoming a lawyer or barrister (with her memory, the latter was actually more likely) had given her many constraints. Maybe she was one of those people who put aside ‘now’ to work on ‘future’. Whatever the case, that was why it had taken her so long to answer his question.
On the subject of Hikari, however… Art? She hadn’t pictured him as an artist; media tended to either depict them as sensitive souls or, much more rarely, as people who were so passionate about a particular subject that they burned and used their work as a means to an end. Hikari certainly didn’t seem to show the passionate direction of the latter, and as for the former… She considered the eyes he’d looked at her with, the first time they’d met. Those eyes were many things, but sensitive wasn’t one of them.
“Really? I wouldn’t have guessed that. I pictured you as being more into sports,” He certainly had the body for that, “Or maybe music. What sort of art did you like doing – drawing, sculpture, painting or something else?”
She considered his desire to life a normal life, and wasn’t entirely surprised to find sympathy for it. Sure, her life was normalish now, but it had taken more effort to get the life she wanted than she wanted to admit, “I guess if you’re always in one place, there’s an appeal to travel, but if you travel all the time there’s an appeal to stability. Though I’m not sure why you can’t just stop – we’re so young, so you could start a new career if that’s the problem.”

“Sitting here writing notes keeps me from getting tardy marks on my record, though. And that both helps getting into university and for keeping me out of detention. Plus there’s an in-class essay in third period.” If there was one thing her earliest studies into law cases had given her, it was a healthy respect for the paper trail. It could easily work against you, but she was hoping to have it work for her until she graduated, “Can you’re clever plan get around that logical argument?”
Because if it could, then she didn’t really have a leg to stand on for staying for the rest of the lesson, did she? And with all the care Himiko went to in balancing her life so she could keep up with everything, she did not have any appreciation or patience for wasting her time.
And no, it wasn’t because an idle offer to teach her how to skate could be interpreted as a date. Don’t be silly, brain. It was because the thought of learning how to skate really did have appeal, that was all.

((Sorry, I can't really help the fact you're in the wrong timezone Razz))

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:07 pm

In response to her earlier question and comment, " Drawing. And I'm also into sports. Mostly football ( soccer ). You can't judge a book by its cover. "

After waiting to hear her other comment, he lets out a little chuckle at the thought of stopping what he was doing. If only she knew.

" It's not that simple. I have to do what I do. Like my life depends on it. "

He stopped to think about her logical argument. Then looked at the time again, and returned his attention to her, completely ignoring the look he got from the teacher for doing so. It didn't look like he gave much thought to what she said either. For her, it was just an excuse to resist the offer.

" I think so, yes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't a valid excuse from the office, or a good reason excuse you from your classes? Earlier today, all I had to do was make up something to convince your teacher you had a good reason for being late. You'll still get the opportunity to be in a university, even if you were absent for a day. What matters the most is that you make up for your lost time by completing the assignments given. Just because someone missed a few classes in a day doesn't mean that their life is over. With your level of intelligence, I'm sure it wouldn't be much of a problem for you. "

Trying to be more convincing by pretending to be sad, " But I guess you're too afraid to go through with it. I was looking forward to it too... I mean, you could at least hear the plan before you come to any conclusions. It's not like it's a date... Unless... you want it to be... "

That was to see her reaction. He wasn't exactly serious, but he was curious about what she would think now.

( No, you're in the wrong timezone Razz )
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:38 pm

“I suppose not, thank you for reminding me.” Himiko was tempted to ask what sort of drawing he liked to do, but the conversation had already shifted away to newer things. She frowned at the board as Hikari gave a small chuckle and claimed he couldn’t, “I don’t really understand, sorry. I mean, I suppose you mightn’t be able to live the lifestyle you want anymore if you changed, but that’s really a simple thing with no ‘have to’s about it.”
Of course, he’d hinted that he wouldn’t have minded changing his lifestyle and settling down in one place (though perhaps the change in class would be unwelcome; if he traveled so much, he must have either earnt a lot of it was supplied by his job), but it was the only explanation that made sense to her. The only other thing she could think of would be if he were somehow involved in illegal activity, like drug trafficking, but that was a horrible thing to accuse a new classmate of, and didn’t make much sense. He wouldn’t be doing idle things like joining a school if that were the case.

Rather than offended, Himiko couldn’t help but snicker quietly herself as she elaborated on why it was important. He really wasn’t used to Japanese schools, was he? “But that essay in third period of graded. Even so, that’s not really my issue. Yes, admittance is determined by my grade – but scholarships depend on teacher references about your character and attitude as well. I tend to annoy a certain sort of teacher, so a near perfect attendance and lack of recorded issues means that I can go to the principal if they’re inclined to give me poor references, and he’s going to look at my records, my scores, decide whether or not there’s an unjustified bias against me and correct it accordingly.” She turned her head to look him dead in the eye, suddenly serious, “I’m bored out of my mind, I don’t like having my time wasted as other people try to memorize what I already have, but the big picture says I should just deal with it because it works out in my favor down the road. So tell me you’re plan, and let’s see how many bases you cover. I’d love a break from monotony and burnout.”
It was only after she’d explained that, and he’d offered her a sad-puppy look that had nothing on the expression in his eyes when they’d first met (she’d never be able to get those out of her head, would she?) that she registered his last comment.
And then the blush came back. Along with a stutter she had been sure she’d lost when she was three, “T-t-tha, d-da” She had to clear her throat, “P-please don’t tease me like that.”

((Nu-uh, you're the one whose late (Because I'm basically ahead of everyone in the world except New Zealand), therefore you're the wrong timezone Razz))

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:44 pm

" Oh... Then it's not as feasible as I thought it would be, if the school is run like that... "

If that was the case, the original 'mission' would most likely not turn out like he expected. Although, there was still the fact that the original set time was a few minutes or so after lunch. If he was told this earlier, with plenty of time left before she would have to go to her important class, they could've made it back in time. Well, he couldn't really say that for sure. There were still other factors to consider. And right about now, Joanna was probably too busy to do anything about it. He didn't dislike staying in class that much, he just... liked the idea of doing something with her. Plus it would be kind of funny to watch her try to skate...
In a more professional manner, it would make it easier on him to try to change her mind about that negotiation.

"... At least you're still interested in the plan. It still seems possible to me. "

He smiles. Her reaction was so cute.

" And you didn't say it wasn't a date. "

He looks back up to the teacher and raises his hand.

( Oh yeah? Well... whatever... >.> I still disagree with you )
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:28 am

Himiko pointed ignored the date comment. It made her brain fizzle in ways she didn’t like, stole her composure and she wasn’t going to stand for it. Repeating the same actions had rendered the same results for the span of the conversation, so it was madness to assume it would change. That left changing her own actions that brought on that point.
Instead she shrugged, "That's Japanese schools for you, really. No one's going to change it while the people who succeed in this environment are the ones who end up with the high qualifications to make changes. I'll grant you, it probably wouldn't be such a problem if I wasn't aiming for scholarships, but law degrees are expensive." And she wouldn't be starting with the monetary support most students did - even in cases where parents completely stopped supporting their children the moment they graduated high school, those kids still had the physical items bought before that, and the money they'd been able to save up before that point. But Himiko hadn't come this far just to fail for a silly reason like that; so if scholarships were necessary, she was going to get every scholarship she was eligible for.

“But of course I'm interested. Like I said, I understood the process well enough to memorise it 5 minutes in. Now I'm just bored, and there's only so many times you can reread books in your head before that gets dull too.”

The science teacher at the front of the room shot Himiko a suspicious look, before the gaze transferred to Hikari. Huh, usually that sort of look was reserved for people they took to be bad influences; like herself when the occasional classmate leaned over to look at her notes. ...Well, okay, Hikari was encouraging her to talk rather than note take, and right now was talking about truancy, so perhaps he was a bad influence after all. But the teacher couldn't know that.
Their teacher waited until he'd finished the train of thought he was going down before he finally called on Hikari, “Yes, Mr Takahashi? Was there something you wanted me to clarify?”

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:17 pm

Hard to argue with that. He never did stay long enough in Japan to understand how things were supposed to be. Especially in school. Doing something you weren't supposed to was the fun part.

" No, you're doing a great job. I didn't want want to interrupt, but... I... I need to see the nurse. She told me I may have to return a- and... "

Touching a part of his bandaged face, for some drama, " I can't really ignore the pain. May I be excused, please? "

As demeaning as that was, it was for a good cause. A teacher should at least be concerned about a student's well-being, no matter how strict the school was. There'd be some kind of consequence for ignoring a cry. He just hoped nobody would think less of him for this. Wait... Why did he even care? These people didn't matter to him. It wasn't like he was going to be around them any longer.

After leaving class, he would have to head to the room Joanna was currently staying in, for help. Though he'd had to leave off the part about leaving school to teach some girl he met yesterday how to skate. Their original plan could still go according to schedule. All they had to do was make it back in time for lunchtime.

Since he was in a hurry this morning, he never got the chance to check every part of the building to find exits and familiarize himself with the rooms. Not to mention the type of security the school had. That's where Himitsu came in. She would have to help him out on this one. On his little trip earlier, he didn't notice any cameras... plus he could say he was used to this area of the building to do what he's going to do. He'd have to work with her to do the rest.

In a few minutes, he'll return with a note to excuse both of them to go the office, for the 'fight' this morning. From there, they'll leave.
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:00 am

Hikari was a good actor. He downplayed emotions and actions instead of overexaggerating them, like most students trying to pull a sickie did. If Himiko hadn’t been conspiring with him moments ago, she probably wouldn’t have been able to tell that he was acting. She wondered if she would have guessed. "Well, that gets you out of here. Don't see how it helps me though." She muttered, trying not to be heard by the teacher while his attention was on them.

The teacher certainly didn’t see through it. His expression softened a little as he bent to write a note on a stray paper to allow Hikari into the hall without the wrath of the Disciplinary Committee coming down on him, “Of course. Do you remember where that is?”

The pen she had been using to write spun through Himiko’s fingers again as she watched the exchange, her chin in one hand. Well, that would get him out of class for a little while, though she didn’t see how she was meant to escape. The teacher gives a half-glance her way, and she automatically grabs the pen proper again and puts it to the paper, diverting her attention to her book. Her ears stay pricked, and she keeps watching from the corner of her eye.
Rather than write notes, she began to scribble in the margins. Here was a decent sketch of her spear, which was currently at home in a corner collecting dust. But the little details quickly expanded into the frills of her curtains hanging off it, tailing into loops of ink which transformed into the curling end of a ribbon, a bow around the neck of an animal not drawn well enough to be limited to one genus. It only got worse from there, scribbles slowly stretching out from the margin and into the actual page as one image merged into another.
See, this was exactly what she had been trying to avoid doing all lesson. Darn it.

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:13 am

When he stood up to walk to the teacher, he mutters, " I didn't forget you. I'll be back. "

Now speaking to the teacher, while he quickly makes his way to the front of the class, " Y-Yeah. I know where to go. Thank you. "

He 'accidentally' drops the note near the teacher's phone, making it seem like he had a clumsy moment. Good thing the teacher only saw it as that. He certainly didn't forget about Himitsu. It was just that if he requested for someone to help him, the teacher would most likely choose someone other than her. He was already suspicious about her, judging by those looks he gave her. He'd be less skeptical later. Negai picks up the note and leaves the class.

The hallway was empty like last time. A bit quieter though. It didn't take long to find the room Joanna was staying in, but it took longer than expected to explain his reasons for a note, and it made it harder to avoid the subject about his name. The walk back gave him some time to think about telling Joanna his real name. Most of the time, he only thought about the consequences of revealing something he'd kept secret for years. He even made less eye contact when he spoke to her. The thought occupied his mind so much that he didn't even notice the dark haired male roaming the halls, watching him from a distance.

After a few minutes, he returns to class with another note on his hand. The expression on his face was better now, though it seemed like he was concerned about something.

" Thank you, again. I'm feeling much better now. "

Handing him the note, " I was sent to the office, and they told me Himitsu and I were needed down there. Something about the fight this morning... They said they called you, but apparently your class phone isn't working. " The note was at least legit enough to be believable.
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Watching Hikari as he left the room caused her to note several things no one else did. Firstly of them was that he didn’t have the note with him when he left. She don’t know why he abandoned it; he could easily wander the halls with it and not go directly to the nurse’s office, and it gave him protection from the disciplinary committee –
Oh, of course. Hikari didn’t know about the power of the school’s strict disciplinary committee, apparently the legacy of some legendary disciplinary chairman. Someone should probably warn him at some point. She was glad to see he returned, a little while later, without signs that he’d run into trouble.

“Really? That’s strange.” Their teacher lifted the phone off its hook and to his ear, listening for the dial tone sound. After a moment he shrugged and proceeded to read the note through, not deeming it a seriously concern. He didn’t recognize the signature, but they did have a new staff member, “Alright, this seems to be in order. Miss Tsukawa, please gather your and Mr Takahashi’s things. Goodness knows you’re not giving this lesson your full attention in any case.” The last part of the statement came out wry rather than annoyed, as though it were a cause of frustration rather than an actual problem. It did make it clear that he knew that had been talking.
Some of their classmates tittered, and he cleared his throat to regain their attention before continuing the lecture.

Himiko didn’t feel embarrassed at being caught out as she always imagined she would. Maybe she’d been embarrassed so many times this morning that her subconscious had decided to revolt – or she’d used up her store of embarrassment for the next week. Regardless, her cheeks stayed cool and didn’t redden as she went through the motions of putting her pens away and gathering all her books together.
He’d actually pulled through. At least, she had to assume that this was all a plan and she didn’t actually need to go to the office. He’d really come up with a way to drag her out of there. That this would remind people that she’d apparently gotten into a fight didn’t even bother her now, not with that warm feeling in her chest that she’d have been worried about if it didn’t feel so pleasant.
She put Hikari’s books with her own, clutching the entire pile to her chest as she followed him to the door and out into the corridor. The whole experience felt much more exhilarating than it should have, to the point she was surprised her hand didn’t shake when she slid the door shut behind them, “So, uh, now what?”

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:07 pm

He stops and holds out his hands.

" Here, I'll carry our books. "

After taking them, he pauses to check the hallway again. No one.

" Stay close. We need to go to your locker first to put the books away. When you're ready to go, I'll hand you the note. Wait for me near your locker. I'll come back... I just need to get something. "

He waits for her to take the lead, then walking beside her, he continues, " I'll need your help afterwards. Since you know the school very well, I'm going to rely on you to guide me through the halls. Are there cameras or security on the other floors? "

The best place to exit was somewhere with the least surveillance. He'd have to leave to get his umbrella. There was no way he was going to take a chance at being outside without a weapon. It wasn't exactly safe for him to be outside, especially after the incident from yesterday. Those guys were probably still around looking for him. Instead of finding an exit in the building, he thought it might be easier to go down from a window. With the help of his umbrella, it wouldn't be any trouble at all... Except for the fact that he would be showing Himitsu what he was capable of doing. She'll start questioning who he actually was...
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next