New Aged Mafia

New Student and Teacher?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: New Student and Teacher?

Post  Himitsu on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:44 pm

“Oh! Um, thank you.” Himiko handed both sets of books over to Hikari, feeling just a little uncomfortable with doing so. Having a boy carry your books was usually done by established couples, though she was sure he was only doing so to be polite.
She lowered her voice as he gave her her… instructions, for lack of better word. “Uh, you mean wait at my footlocker? We keep our items in our classroom, in our desks, the footlocker wouldn’t fit everything in it.” She was already leading him back the way they came, towards their classroom. It would be empty, since regular classrooms weren’t swapped around at all, “While I’m glad to know that know that I’m not actually going to the office, its kind of dangerous to wander the halls without a note during class. The Disciplinary Committee is strict and has a lot of freedom to deal with misbehaving students. Though I understand it once was a lot worse.” She did wonder what it was he needed to collect; as it was his first day, and it wasn’t very far into the day at that.

Himiko considered the school layout as she walked towards her locker, mind flicking through hundreds of different memories rapidly, “The Disciplinary Committee has members who wander the halls, I think. Um, I think there's only any major security in the rooms with expensive equipment and the exits. There aren’t any in the chemistry labs, but there is one in the room the teacher's keep the chemicals. I know there’s one in the computer lab, and some of the club rooms. There might be security in the music room or library; I haven’t actually been in either long enough to look. I don’t know what’s in the room most students aren’t allowed in. Why are you interested in all this?” And that was the rub; it was a strange question for Hikari to actually ask. As much as she wanted to believe he had only innocent intentions, that wasn’t the sort of question someone who wasn’t trouble thought of asking. It wasn’t even the thought of thing someone who planned to skip school would ask, was it? The background voice of Himitsu in her head gave a very sullen ‘I told you so.’, as though she wasn’t pleased with that fact.
Arriving at their classroom and finding it empty left her books with the rest of them in the shelf underneath her desk. She paused to look at her bag, wondering if she should bring it along when they left. It probably wouldn’t be a good idea.

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:00 am

The Disciplinary Committee. Didn't sound like much of a threat to him. What could they possibly do to him? It wasn't like he was an actual student that could be punished. By the way she spoke about them, it sounded like they had quite a reputation. He wasn't underestimating them, he just didn't think they had that kind of skill to subdue him. The info about the rooms and exits was helpful though. Leaving [i]was[i] going to take more effort. Maybe it was better to use the window.

" Well... I just wanted to find the safest way to leave, so you won't be caught. I know how important it is for you to have a good record. I'm not going to let anything hurt your chances."

He still took what she said into consideration. If they were caught, she could lose some chances at getting into the university she wanted.

" I'll be back. "

He leaves. The place where he hid his things was all the way down to the other side of the hall. Carefully making his way there, making sure he wasn't seen, he brings out his jacket and umbrella. It wasn't until he was back where Himitsu was, that he had an odd feeling. Like someone was there.
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:29 pm

“Oh.” Now she felt silly, and a bit bad for doubting him to ask. Just a little though, it was still a strange question to have asked. On the other hand, he had asked because he was thinking about her, because he’d listened, taking note and remembered that her record was important to her. That… made her feel uncomfortably giddy. Himiko wasn’t sure she liked it, “I think the security’s to keep an eye out for people breaking in after hours, so I don’t know if it’s on all the time. If we want to make sure we’re absolutely not caught,” She hesitated, but finally came clean while blushing heavily, “The back window in the chemistry classroom we were in before opens right out onto a tree. It’s not even a jump from it to the branch. You have to be careful that no one on the level below spots you as you climb down, of course.”
Well, there went her straight-laced student appearance out the window. Being coaxed into skipping by a bad-boy classmate you kind of wanted to impress (no! No she didn’t. She just wanted to be friends.) and admitting to having escape routes out of the building were very different things, after all. Now fully embarrassed, she continued to look away as he left the room. Instead, she fiddled with a lock of dark hair that had escaped her hazard attempt at tying it back that morning and running to school at full sprint.
…Huh, split ends. She’d need to get it trimmed soon. Or trim it herself, maybe this time she’d manage to keep the scissors straight along the back.

What had Hikari gone to fetch, anyway? She sat down at her desk to wait, and inevitably ended up playing with the purple box hanging from her bag, which she’d forgotten to remove last night and hadn’t had time to take away this morning. That was probably how it had ended up in her desk in the first place.
He returned before she’d had much time to distract herself further, with the jacket he’d been wearing last night and… an umbrella? There wasn’t any forecast for rain today (as opposed to last night, when he could have used it), so why did he have that? Why on earth was it so important to him to go and get that? Actually for that matter, why’d he have a second jacket when he already had the uniform one? “Is that what you needed to get?”

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:27 pm

No one was there with her. He made sure he wasn't being followed. That odd feeling he had earler must've been nothing. Thanks to Himitsu, he felt more confident about their little 'mission'.

She was really calm about this. He stares at her. And not just her eyes this time. The way she acted brought on some kind of attraction to him. Almost as if she was trying to impress him. It was only after the pause he took to admire her, and look up to her eyes again, that he realized he was smiling. Her... Her- question!

" Uh- Oh, yeah. "

Oh, right. He never took the time to come up with something to explain why he was bringing his jacket and umbrella. Without wastimg another second to think, starts to speak, trying to get some thoughts to flow in his mind. He'd also hope that she didn't notice him stare at her body during that pause. Then playing it off like nothing happened, he answers.

" I'm not familiar with the weather here, so I brought an umbrella just in case it rains. The jacket is for a cover. It'd be easy to bring attention to us, if we're in uniform outside. I didn't want it to seem like we were supposed to be in school. "

Good enough, right? At least now he had something to protect him. Inside and hidden were the usual weapons and wires he used. He just didn't feel right going out without them.

" Well... We should probably get going. The Chemistry class, right? "

On their way out, walking in the hall, he hears footsteps. Getting louder and making its way to them in a quick pace. It was then that he noticed the guy with black hair, uniform, and a red armband on his left arm.

Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:25 pm

It was hard to meet Hikari’s eye when he smiled like that. It was different to the way he’d smiled at the class before (God, she sounded like a fawning fangirl. Himitsu needed to slap some sense into her right now!), something about the eyes was far more intense. It felt more… real? No, Hikari’s other smiles hadn’t seemed fake. More personal? Intimate? She needed to stop thinking about it, or she’d pass out from all the blood going to her head to quickly. She could reflect on it that night, when it was late and her homework was all finished.
“Oh, I see.” I certainly made sense. Except she wasn’t sure where he’d put the jacket and umbrella, since they couldn’t have been at his footlocker, or at the umbrella stand at the same entrance. There wouldn’t have been enough time for him to go there and back, but it didn’t make sense for him to have not put them there or in the classroom.

“Right. I’m not sure if our class has finished yet, but I think it will soon - ” She trailed off at the sight of someone walking briskly towards them, taking a moment to register what she was seeing, “Oh.” Automatically, Himiko took a quarter of a step to the side, so that she was vaguely behind Hikari and out of the way of the one walking towards them; well trained to letting the Disciplinary Committee just pass by, “Um, Hikari-san, note the armband there? That’s the Disciplinary Committee band.”
She chewed her tongue nervously, before holding out the piece of paper to the older student. It was too bad she didn’t have a name to go with the face, it would have been useful right then, “Sempai, we have a pass for being out of class. We were wanted at the office. Um. Please don’t bring out the tonfa.” Keeping her head down as she tended to, she’d never seen any of the Disciplinary Committee in action, and had heard of their leader’s skill only through reputation. Whether or not she could have avoided his attacks and defeated him had never been of any interest to her. She not see an appeal in fighting at the best of times and Hibari-Sempai, who would show up if she got into a fight with one of her men (in theory, he’d graduated a few years ago. In practice, people who knew him were apparently not surprised that this had never stopped him), was said to be like a terrier worrying at a bone. He’d just keep coming back until he’d finally knocked you down. That was the sort of attention she most wanted to avoid.

((*grumble grumble* stupid GPU got jarred and I had to open up the box and fiddle with it to get it back into place, but of course it took me ages to work out that was the problem))

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:01 am

Negai stood there, silent. His focus was now on the person in front of them. There was something about him Negai didn't like. After listening to Himitsu, his eyes shift to Negai. They both just stand there, motionless. Staring each other down, like someone was going to make a move at any moment. Right there and then, Negai knew this D C person despised him, as much as he despised him. There silence made the mood more tense. He began to slowly move his finger down the handle of his umbrella.

Their attention to each other was so serious that Negai barely heard the doors of classrooms open. The D C person looks back to Himitsu again, smirks, and walks away. Lucky for them, he didn't Negai about his jacket and umbrella. Which was weird. As the students come out into the hall, they notice the two together.

Negai turns back to Himitsu and changes his expression again. " ... Let's go... "
He lets her lead, staying close behind her while the other students passed by. From there, they made their way to the class.

( Oh that's what happened. Was hoping things were okay. Glad you're back. Smile )
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:34 pm

The silent tension between Hikari and the Disciplinary Committee member was nerve-wracking – more so than when she was the one with a violent, silent tension between her and someone else, in fact. The permission slip in her hand felt like a protective ward, straining to banish him away. When he smirked and began to walk away, Himiko found herself sighing in relief, “Oh good. Its always a good sign when you don’t get beaten up by the Disciplinary Committee on your first day.”
Students begin to jostle in the corridors as they move from the science labs to their usual rooms again, but Himiko was well used to making her way through a crowd. It was easier when you were going the same way as everyone else, but the practice of ducking into a vaguely empty spot ahead and pushing your way through was still the same – you just needed more force to push through, more sense of presence so people see you coming, and the ability to turn into a rock so the tide didn’t push you back. Unfortunately, Himiko didn’t have the ability to transform into a rock, and while she did know how to become fairly unmovable for a fight, that was an entirely different circumstance she couldn’t really apply here. She counted three times she’d ended up stumbling back into Hikari’s chest. Once, they’d collided so hard she’d been able to make out some of the firm muscles just with the contact of her back. She was surprised to find she didn’t mind failing to fight the tide of students.

She didn’t try to talk to Hikari amongst the loud chatter of other students – with him behind her, it would be hard to manage a conversation. And now that it had begun to sink in what she was doing, she had to admit that she felt a little nauseous. Thrill and nausea, not quite like a rollercoaster. Mental discipline and the feeling of warmth against her back was what kept her from changing her mind and rushing back to join the rest of her class.
The chemistry classroom was empty by the time they got there – she’d purposely taken a slightly different route so they didn’t bump into their classmates – and she walked towards the back window without hesitation and pushed it open. She took a moment to peer outside at the ground, and then looked over at Hikari behind her, “Okay. Um. Whose going first?”

(Yeah, for about a week. Then I disappear for at least a week - I've got exams, family visit and graduation all crammed into the weeks before Christmas. There is poor planning here, but I don't think its mine)

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:54 pm

Entering the classroom, Negai couldn't help but wish they were back in the hall again. The way her back was to his body those three times made him want to reach out and wrap his arms around her, holding her close. In reality, there would be an awkward pause, and curious stares from the other students in the hall, thinking they were some new couple.

He peers out of the window. She was right. There wasn't really much of an effort to jump to the tree and climb down. No one was in sight either.

" I'll go down first to make sure it's safe to leave, then you can come down. "

Watching his footing, he leans over and steps out of the window to the tree. Within a few seconds, he reaches the ground. He leaves for a moment, then returns back to the tree, looking up to her.

" Okay. Nobody is around, you can come down. "

He stands near the tree and watches to make sure she comes down safely. When she started to move, he realized he was staring up to her butt. That made him rub the back of his head and look off to the side, as if she would look down and notice. With a slight blush, he casually looks back up again. It didn't seem right, but he had to make sure she was still safe.

( Aw Sad Okay, well good luck with everything. Come back whenever you can Smile )
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:00 pm

"Oh, alright." Himiko agreed, moving out of the way so he could get to the window. He was still taking her concern over her records into consideration. It was nice to be taken seriously; her classmates certainly made it clear they thought she went overboard. Her classmates also weren't aiming for a degree with as much competition as law; once grades were even, it was the reputation your teachers and principals gave you that made you stand out above the rest.

Watching Hikari climb down, she realized that her initial impressions had been correct. Hikari had a lot of... control of his body? He moved smoothly, which she supposed came from some sort of training - a sport, perhaps. He'd said he liked soccer before.
She hadn't even realized she was daydreaming until she was snapped out of it by Hikari calling for her. She climbed out onto the sill, peering at the ground below, "Alright. But no peaking." The words weren't as firm as most girl's would have made them; she wasn't sure if it was because she didn't believe he would peak, or because she was flattered over the possibility he might. She didn't want to consider that too deeply either.

Jumping to the branch was much easier when she wasn't carrying about a hundred things. It was more like an overly long step than anything else. From there, she took a moment to consider how to get down. She could climb. And risk tearing her clothes, taking more time than she needed to, and the ground was soft without being muddy any longer...
She dropped from the branch, catching herself with her hands on the branch to hang there and limit her distance to the ground. And then let go. She landed low on the ground, hands and crouching to spread her weight and save herself from any possible injuries.
It was only afterwards that she realized that Hikari probably hadn't realized that it was safer than it looked. She looked up before she'd even gotten to her feet, "Heh, sorry. Guess I should have warned you first."

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:47 pm

He blinks and forces the blush away when their eyes met again. The guilty look he had before when she was still up there was gone, and was now taken over by something else. The blush was kind of still there though. He did peak anyway, but there was nothing bad about what he saw. What took over now was how impressive she was. She came down skillfully. It reminded him about that night in the restaurant when she fought off the drunk worker. He started to think there was something more to her than he thought.

He smiles again, " Well it wasn't all that bad. At least I got to see your... skills. That was impressive... "

Damn. There he goes again, admiring her. Was he still smiling? With the flirty tone from earlier?
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:28 pm

There was something in Hikari’s tone that made Himiko blush, yet again, and wonder if he knew how suggestive his statement had seemed. Clearly her mind had tripped in the puddles from last night’s rain and slipped into the gutters. Ugh, if just one attractive boy caused her to act and think so much out of character for herself in under one day, then she definitely needed out and out quickly –
Except… He’d just complimented her; and even though the tone was flirty and the words suggestive, it hadn’t been forced, fake or lied. He said impressive and he’d meant it, and having someone notice and then admire it – instead of saying ‘again’ because it wasn’t good enough, and her only knowing it was good enough because she was finally allowed to stop for the night – felt good. Some of her teacher’s had complimented her hard work, but Hikari was someone it seemed she did want to impress – doing so felt good. No wonder people always wanted to show off; that feeling was probably addictive.

Then the humility kicked in and she found herself petting a loose lock of hair, still read and possibly stuttering, “Skills? Oh no, that wasn’t anything, really. I mean, all you do is fall.” At least, she thought it was humility and not some sort of back-handed bragging, because she’d certainly never done the latter before.
She dusted off her knees nervously, “So! Uh, where do we go from here?”

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:11 am

By her body language, he could tell she was just being modest. A nice quality. He wanted to reassure her that she really was great. The subject changed, however, and he decided to leave it alone. They had plenty of time for compliments later. Teaching her how to skate was going to fun. Well, anywhere they went would be fine too. As long as he was with her...

" We should probably get going now. There's still a chance that someone will see us. No matter what happens, stay calm and close to me."

He didn't know where their local skate place is, since he was still unfamiliar with Japan. So he thought he'd leave that to her.

Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:27 pm

“R-right.” Himiko followed him out of the school grounds, almost plastered to his side, close enough to feel the warmth radiating off him and tickling the hairs on her own arm. Really, the only way for them to be closer would be if she were hanging off his arm. She felt that tingle of excitement again; there was a thrill to be had in breaking the rules like this. Here was the way of pretending that you were grown-up and could do whatever you want and throwing away the responsibilities that came with age at the same time. Here was the sense of power that came from harmless disobedience and minor rebellion. No wonder her classmates liked it so much (though they’d also roll they eyes and say she was overthinking it, if they could hear her thoughts). Himiko spent so much time being the adult in her own household, she wasn’t sure if she’d had a chance to dally with mischief like most teenagers had.
Suddenly, the whole event felt like it was going to be fun.

“Um, I don’t think I know where there is to skate around here, though.” She put a hand to her chin as she considered the issue, going through the sighs and streets in her mental map, “I don’t know how to skate, so I don’t think I’ve looked, or really know what they look like.”

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:27 pm

That was not good. They'd be lucky to make it back in time at this pace. But... It was nothing the two couldn't overcome.

He looks at her, smiling with confidence. She seemed excited. She was really close enough for him to tell. This was the closet they'd ever been too.

" No worries. I'm sure it won't be that hard to find. "

Had he known it would come down to this, he would've checked the area or asked other students. A group of them must've skated once or twice in their lifetime.

When the two made their way to the front of the school, the door to the entrance slowly opened. Negai turns to her to see if she had already reacted, then, on the spur of the moment, grabbed her hand and started to dash out of the way. Luckily there were a few trees and bushes to hide behind. By the time they reached their hiding place, the door completely opened.

Sadly, they were unsuccessfully quiet. A rustling sound came from the bushes. Negai pauses for a moment, then turns to her again. He waits, listening for a sound. There were a few things he wanted to say at this point, but the silence and the look on her face made him curious about her thoughts. They were so close to leaving school grounds.

A voice calls out, " Hey, did you see something?! "
Another responds, " Yeah... You saw it too? "

They could either wait, or stay low and sneak out as fast as they could.

Whispering to her, " If you're still up for this, I think we should start sneaking out. It's only a matter of time until they come over here... "
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:54 am

Hikari's confident grin was alluring, in a different way to the one he'd been using all morning. She couldn't help but stare at that smile, but never once considered how it did or didn't make him look cuter than before. It was hypnotic, it drew you in, and it made you believe him. Himiko could feel it make her grin back at him, and her inner cynic was utterly silent in the face of their optimism. "Right. There's bound to be a few around, I just don't know what to look for."

They'd barely gotten sight of the school gates when they pushed open. Carefully honed instincts failed her, and for the first time since she was tiny Himiko froze instead of responding. Her brain screamed that they were going to get caught, were going to get in trouble and this was so very, very bad. But even before she could remember to either hold her breath or gasp, her body was being spun around. Her legs automatically moved to match Hikari's speed as he dragged her into the bushes and then down so they couldn't been seen.
He was holding her hand. But she couldn't even pause to consider the implications of that, because her brain had caught up in realizing that his strong hand was covered in as many age-old callouses as her own. That could have been explained away, if not for the fact said callouses were in almost identical shape and location to the ones that covered her hands. Very few things could match the shape and size of spear-trained callouses so perfectly, and her brows couldn't help but furrow as she stared back at him, trying to come up with an explanation she liked for why they were there.

Stange voices overhead kept her from entering a confrontation she wasn't sure she wanted to have. Unable to use her voice - because if she was, she was afraid that no matter what she wanted to say, what would come out would be 'why are you hands weapon-marked?' - Himiko could only nod. They were so close to out of school grounds; the gates were Right There, and she'd come so far already that there couldn't be any other possible move than to see it through to the end.
Her hand squeezed his as she crept closer to him. Nope, those callouses were still weapon-made, of some description or another, probably even thicker than her own.

((Gah! Why does my account decide that the moment I click the post button is the perfect time to log me out DX))

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:41 pm

Even when her hands squeezed his, he didn't realize she could feel the marks on his hand, and that she had marks of her own. The feeling of her hand was somehow comforting.

While those unknown people were making their way to them, Negai hurriedly creeps out. Each step had to be carefully paced to be as quiet as possible, and they had to stay low enough to remain hidden. The thought of them being caught never actually came across his mind. He trusted her enough to have faith that they would get through unnoticed.

As the strangers made it over to the other side of the bushes, they stop to stop to check the area, glancing up to the entrance where Negai and Himitsu barely escaped. Part of her body could've still been seen if it wasn't for the short time it took to look at the bushes.

" Nothing... "
" Well, let's keep looking for that Moretti boy. Call boss and tell him we couldn't find him in the school. That girl that told us she saw him around here must've seen the wrong person. "
" Right. Is Kenji still out there looking for him? "
" Who cares? If we find him first, we'll get a larger share of the reward. "

Negai breathes out. They were farther away from school to be noticed now. For some reason he was still holding her hand.

" That was close... "

And speaking of hands...Why did hers feel so... so much like his?

( I hate when that happens. :/ It's even worse when you use a phone to type everything. I bet it's going to happen to me now )
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Himiko couldn't actually see the strangers, crouched low to the ground and pressed close to Hikari as she was. Hikari's hand - weapon-calloused, her mind kept whispering - was warm and held hers tightly. That was kind of nice, even if she only registered it in a distracted, afterthought kind of way. His grip was strong and she still inexplicably found herself trusting it. Everyone was allowed their secrets, and it wasn't like weapons training suddenly changed who he was.
Telling herself that didn't stop her mind from looping on the thought. There was almost a degree of autopilot to following Hikari right now, her body matching his every action. He was in a better position to see what was happening than her, and timed their escape out the school gates, all she had to do was keep up - easy enough to do. She'd already decided to trust him on this little adventure, and she intended to see it through. And hope that the worst part was over, and the rest would actually be kind of fun again.

The part not stuck on the place where their bodies were in contact was alert and focused on the strangers. Unfamiliar voices, too old to be students, definitely not teachers, not exactly friendly sounding, and looking for... someone. What she did manage to overhear didn't make a lot of sense and clearly had nothing to do with them; Himiko didn't really think she wanted to risk the chance of accidentally getting involved. But by now the voices had faded into the distance and... and she'd actually skipped class and left school grounds. A part of her quailed at her fall into delinquency, another part - the part that was skilled at talking herself into things - reasoned it was only once, and everyone needed to rebel once in a while, and a third part told the other two to shut up, because for once she wasn't bored, stuck in class with teachers catering to the lowest denominator of students, with only classmates who seemed years more immature than her to entertain her in the monotony and by gods if she'd gone this far she was going to enjoy it rather than be stuck on the train of freaking out at how easily she'd justified breaking the rules.

"That was close." Hikari's voice broke her from her shock just as much as the sudden fit of ego-indulgence did, and she couldn't help but giggle. It didn't sound too hysterical.
"That's one way to put it. I have no idea who they even were or what they wanted." Walking alone along the street with their hands entwined, they probably looked like a couple, but that thought hadn't even occurred to Himiko. She was suddenly twisting their wrists so that their palms were face up and she could get a look at Hikari's hand. It was a fair bit larger than hers, and the marks weren't identical, but very close; either he used a spear with a very different style to her, or he used some other sort of poled weapon. Her second hand pressed lightly against a couple of particular callouses, as if just to confirm their existence and noting the miniscule differences in their shape, "I knew I recognized the feel of your hand." Her mouth felt inexplicably dry suddenly, and she couldn't get out the confirmation that hers was the same. Instead, the hairs on the back of her neck prickled, either out of some instinct she didn't understand or just out of a dull feeling of past catching up to her.

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:39 pm

Since Himitsu was closer to overhear them, he had less of a chance to make out what they were saying. So he assumed they weren't a threat. They didn't chase after them or anything. Now they could go back to focusing on where to go.

Himitsu's giggle was so charming. It made him look at her lovingly and smile. She was showing a different side of herself.

During their walk, he could feel his palm being forced to face up out of her curiousity. She was checking his palm. His reaction in a situation like this was to pull his hand away. But it was too late, she already felt and noted the details to his hand.

He stares down to his hand.
" What do you mean you recognize the feel of my hand? ..."

Then he sees hers. And feels her palm too.
" Your hands... I never noticed... "

Thinking about how she ended up with those marks, and the look on her face when it seemed like she was remembering something, made him to consider telling her his past.

" ... How did you get yours? "

Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:00 pm

Himiko let go of Hikari's hand so that she could instead stare at her own palm. Side by side, anyone with experience could have identified all the differences in their weapons, techniques and styles just by spotting the minute differences in callouses. They said to anticipate someone's moves you read their eyes, but you could learn much about how a person would fight, before their weapon was even drawn, just by studying their hands. Hers hinted much more at a two-handed weapon that Hikari's did, even though their weapon was both polearm in basic form, and his - whatever it was - relied a little more on small finger movements for finesse for some things, while hers was almost all in the wrist.

Hikari had noticed her hands too, now. That wasn't a surprise, even if she hadn't been able to say it, the moment she'd acknowledged the familiarity in his, it was only going to take a moment's observation to make the connection. Unlike her, he didn't seem interested in actually touching her hands, aside from when he could feel the callouses on the back of his hand when she felt his. Himiko was pretty sure she was glad for that, because even if she'd initiated it, now she considered it it seemed like something more intimate than she was comfortable with. If she hadn't already let Hikari's hand go, she probably would have dropped it like it burned.

The fact he wanted an explanation wasn't a surprise. She wanted one too. "I. I'm an only child. I was my father's heir. So he trained me." And trained, and trained, and trained until the blisters covering her hands bled like rain and her nails to be cut painfully short just to get rid of the torn bits from a learner's mistakes. She still cut her fingernails so short there was barely a sliver of white on them, but the blisters had healed in time, even without resting them long enough for the scabs to do their job, and left callouses so thick Himiko poetically thought they must go into her soul.
"I ha- he was very skilled, and I think he was well known when he was younger." There were certainly enough people in his circle of friends who'd known him almost exclusively for his spear-skills, who'd refused to let her father egg them into acting as sparring partners for her since she was eight on the basis that 'she was just like him with that weapon', "So even though he didn't take students, I guess he wanted to leave something in the world after he was gone from that." The sentiment came out more flatly than she'd intended, as though her body was sure it was just an excuse, even when her brain was sure he must have had a reason he thought justified everything, and it was the only reason she could imagine.

Her hands curled into fists quickly, and she shoved them away into her pockets, "A-anyway. That's all there is to mine. What about yours?"

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Eveything she said left him speechless for a moment. If he didn't keep his composure, his jaw would've dropped from disbelief. An only child- father's student- trained for years. It was too much like his to be true. No, it couldn't be true... But as much as he'd like to believe that, he knew she was telling the truth. Just like how he could tell her real smile from her fake one. Though for a second, the possibility of her being another enemy came across his mind. How else could she have known so much about his past, to say these things only a few people know about?

" Uhh... Well... Everything you said. I'm an only child, my father's heir, and was trained when I was young. My father wanted me to be strong and prepared for the sake of the... family. I was left in his training room, isolated from anyone that wasn't a benefit to my training. I trained day and night for years. Sometimes I couldn't sleep. We used swords, knives, and worked on hand-to-hand combat. He never once hesitated to attack me... So you can imagine the type of burden I had to carry... "

Staring into her eyes made it a bit easier on him. He looked elsewhere on some parts, 'cause each time their eyes met, he wondered what she thought of him now, and for those brief moments that he paused, she caused him to actually have some emotion. He wasn't pissed about it... he was more at ease. He was still going to kick his dad's ass and all, but that was for another time.
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:25 pm

They'd been walking slowly all the while, but now Himiko stopped dead in her tracks and gave Hikari the most heart-wrenchingly startled look. As though the thought that someone else might have been forced into unwanted weapon-mastery had never occurred to her and shocked her to the point it blew her so far out of the water she was practically in orbit. As though she hadn't wished that she at least had a friend who understood in her childhood years, and hadn't indulged in childish delusions of running away and living in the woods with that imaginary friend years before she'd built up the courage to even try to argue with her father.

A little part of her wanted to ask about his mother, but the feeling of familiarity kept her from even trying to form the words. Even with all the bitterness she had towards him, Himiko much preferred her father to her mother. Being looked at as someone she was never going to be was better than being looked through. Instead, she listened to him describe his own training with his father, and couldn't help but shiver at the familiarity. She found she'd started clutching both her elbows with the opposite hands, hugging herself close, but didn't know when she'd started.
But her voice was still quite flat, almost wry, and a lot bitter when she offered him what sympathy she could, "Sounds familiar. Well, not the weapons, so much - we were more specialized. And I had to go to school of course, father couldn't get me out of that even if I did miss quite a few days, but I wasn't allowed to do, well, no hobbies, no friends, no anything. They were distractions." A brief pause, "At least you were given a reason, I suppose. I was just expected to do what I was told. I can only guess he wanted to recapture his lost youth."

It was like looking into a mirror. Or being the mirror, except she was cracked - he'd clearly managed to make some success of his life, while hers was all about trying to have a life, and make something of it later on. And the vague, distance sense of being... broken, somehow, that surely he didn't have in the darkest corner of his heart. It was a distant feeling that she didn't even register most of the time, but when she had her spear in her hand there was a vague sense that there was something she should have been able to do, but had forgotten what it was, and now it felt like surely Hikari could remember what that was, and that's why she was the broken reflection and he was the successful whole.
And then, as soon as she'd gotten words in her head that could describe the feeling, it was gone, and Himiko couldn't remember what she'd been thinking about, except that it felt so strange to being able to connect with someone like this.

"Well. Anyway. You said you traveled alone, I... left. So I suppose it doesn't really matter anymore." She couldn't bring herself to unwrap her arms, but she continued to walk, past Hikari and down the streets with a stride a little faster and wider than she would have liked, "So, I have no idea what a skate rink even looks like. What sort of area would you usually find one in?"

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:45 am

Negai was actually glad he found someone like him, despite their unfortunate past. She was probably thinking the same thing too, by the way she was staring at him. It got a little hard to determine what she was thinking afterwards. Like she was lost in thought. Something was wrong.

He kind of expected her to show a little more feeling towards the matter, but then thought he should leave it alone when she shrugged it off and thought it was nothing. After all, that was the past. So why did she walk past him?

Now by her side again, " Skating rinks are in an indoor or outdoor facility. There should be mostly indoor ones here. We'll come across one along the way. But just to make sure we're going in the right direction, I'll ask around. "

A thought occured to him. Maybe they could spar sometime.

Smiling, " You'll love it there. It's really lively, they have music and lots of people. Well... usually there are lots of people. The ones I've been to were basically the same."

(sorry about the delay- Happy New Year)

Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:01 pm

"Okay then." Himiko focused on why they were out here in the first place - focus kept her mind from wandering into dark places, or from mulling over things she didn't know what to think of right now. So was so, so glad she hadn't been at school for that conversation, with slow subjects that couldn't keep her attention without exceeding mental strain.
Indoor facility, probably a large-ish building but less likely to be multiple stories. Size narrowed down the places they should look. Skating was a sport, so that narrowed it down further; not the business section, of the suburbs. "Huh, I guess I have an idea of where we should start looking, then." They were walking side by side, but this time Himiko was the one leading. They also weren't hand in hand this time, and her entire arm felt colder for the absence.

She couldn't help but smile at his vague descriptions, a sense of excitement slowly starting to well up in her again, "It always looked fun, on the television and books. Kind of graceful and pretty, too, if you're good at it. I wanted to try it when I was a kid, but. Well, it would have been a waste of time and a distraction." The statement came out more bitter than she wanted it to, gave more personal feeling away than she usually would allow. But instead of being distressing, it felt good. Simply being able to say something like that and know that she'd be understood felt relieving. Like a heavy, constant weight on her chest shifted so that she could breathe a little more easily. She was scared to mull over that too much, in case analyzing the feeling made it go away.
Getting to the general area she imagined a skate rink might be found in didn't take that long - they both had a quick walking pace, it seemed - but from there she found herself slowing again so that Hikari could lead, not sure where to go next.

((No worries, not everyone has as little social-life around the holidays as I do Wink Happy 2012 to you!))

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:47 am

That saved them time. Since she had an idea about where to start, he had a good feeling they would find the rink soon.

Hearing her talk about how she wanted to skate when she was a kid, and how beautiful she thought it was, made him smile again. She was showing her feelings, and this time, it had a different tone. Not only did it make him smile, it made him feel more drawn to her. More open.
It was sad to think about little Himitsu admiring something she really wanted to do and never got the chance to try. Around that time he must've still been with his uncle. Before that horrible day.

" Nonsense. There's nothing wrong with doing something different... Especially with someone that really likes you. "

As they were walking, he started to notice how similar the buildings were now. All they had to do was walk down the street and possibly cross to try a different direction. No doubt about it, she picked the right place to go. Gotta love that big brain of hers.

He holds out his hand. " Wanna hold hands again? "

( Thanks Smile I still wish I was here on New Years day to say something to you. Did you at least get to spend time with your family? )
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:02 pm

If he pitied her for the fact her life had been so out of her own control that she’d never been able to do something as simple as go skating, he didn’t show it. She was glad that he told her a silly little want like that was justified, but even more glad there wasn’t pity. She could barely tolerate that on the best of days, and today – with emotional roller coasters and strange sudden bonds – would have probably set her off into a temper. Would have ruined everything.
Speaking of emotional roller coasters, though – then came a… what? A confession? A completely misinterpreted statement? The universe was gracious enough to stop as her mind rebooted, with the startup sound of her heart beating loudly in her ears. And then, just to through her even more off her game, he held his hand on. The world shrunk to the distance between it and her own, and for the millionth time that day blood rose from her neck to beyond her ears in a hot flush. She licked her dry lips, unable to look him in the face, and shyly reached out to catch his fingers with her own and hold them so softly a stiff breeze probably would have blown them apart. “Mou,” Her voice was quietly shy, almost petulant, “You can’t – I don’t… know what to do when you say things like that.”

The buildings began to change around, going from one sort of another almost instantly and making it quite clear they were in a different part of the city now. She slowed for a moment so she was half a step behind Hikari, still holding his hand so lightly, and cleared her throat, “Right. I’m not quite sure where to go from here, or who to ask.”

((Oh, I live very close to my family, so I basically see them every day Wink My gran did come over for my graduation, and stayed for Christmas though Very Happy))

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next