New Aged Mafia

New Student and Teacher?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

New Student and Teacher? - Page 4 Empty Re: New Student and Teacher?

Post  Negai on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:20 am

The sight of her blush and how she couldn't find the words to say was funny. So much that it made him chuckle. For a second, it seemed like he was laughing at her, but there was more to it than that. It made him slow down to stop and look at her, even though she wasn't looking back up to him. Still holding her hand.

" You're even cuter when you blush... You don't have to force yourself to come up with something to say. Just let it come naturally. Or we could let our lips do the talking... "

Playfully giving her a wink, he smiles and continues on walking close by her side. Something must've come over him to finally be the way he wanted to be with her. Now that they were free and the opportunity presented itself, he could tell her how he felt about her.

Oh, right, back to the matter of finding their destination. If it came to asking around, they'd have a better chance with young adults, and adults. People their age were stuck in school, and the same went for the younger ones. It was still early too, so it would be hard to tell which adults normally took their children to skate, since they weren't with them. So their best bet was to find a young adult couple, or adult.

" We'll have a better chance if we ask an adult couple. Or at least a working adult that doesn't seem busy right now. If they look like they're in their thirtys, they might have a child they take to skate. And I might need a smart, lovely translator to help me. "

Two business men stood near a building, discussing something about profits and merging with another company. They gave Negai and Himitsu an odd look, like they were wondering why the two weren't in school. Not long after, a woman yelling on her cellphone came towards them. And soon, more and more people came. Up ahead, hidden by the crowd, two married couples were walking towards them. Something about them made Negai have a good feeling about asking them. They looked like they had children around their age.
Between the walk and scouting, the two still had time to exchange words, and... get a little closer.

( that's good Smile Congrats on graduating too. I'm thinking you graduated early from High School? 'Cause I still have a few months left and you're younger )

Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:58 pm

Whatever Himiko was thinking or wanted to respond, all that came out was a high-pitched squeak. Her face couldn't have gotten any more red, but it was hard to tell because she ducked her head down, bringing her free hand out to cover her mouth and hiding much of her face behind it and her fringe in the process. Too much, too fast, she wanted ask him to stop and slow down, but despite his assurances the words just wouldn't come.
Unable to do more than squeak, she settled for squeezing the warm hand she was holding, before relaxing her own hand back into a fragile grip again as a crowd of people gradually surrounded them. It certainly didn't feel like she was dreaming, and gradually she was able to push away some of what was just too much for her to deal with right now, to be contemplated later when she had time but ignored until them. She even smiled, though it seemed weak, "I don't see why you'd need a translator - you're speaking was great at school."

For the first time in a while, she looked around them and actually registered the other people. Adults who looked at them like they didn't belong there - and they didn't belong there, did they? They should have been in school, not out down town, and Himiko found herself cringing a little as the childish sense of 'they were going to get in trouble' returned. Without a justifiable argument to what she was doing, she felt rather like she'd been caught with her hand in the proverbial cookie jar. It was strange, she'd been on her own so long that she'd thought adults no longer held an instinctual authority to her, unlike other people her age, but the moment she'd stepped out of the comfort zone she felt like she did when she had first come to the town all over again.
...No, wait, that was a good feeling. She'd thrived when she'd first come to this town, feeling the same way again just meant she needed to show her mettle but that she'd be just fine. It seemed like everything about this situation was new, right down to-
A thought began to nag, and she couldn't keep herself from speaking, "Hikari-san, why did you decide to do this? To just go out wit- and do something like this on a whim?" The words 'with me' caught in her throat. Oh. This was kind of like a date, wasn't it? The idea hadn't even sunk in until that point.

((Oh, I'm a bit older than my RP character. So it sounds like I'm most likely older than you. Razz Also keep in mind Australian school matches year; start in January, finish in December.
But grr, I had trouble trying to write this post! I don't know why, so it was so frustrating!))

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:33 pm

That was true, he did do surprisingly well. It could've been because he had to blend, acting as if he was like them. The proesence of his peers and their watchful eyes must've triggered something. Thinking back to yesterday when he tried to speak to the mother, he still couldn't think of the write words to say to follow up on his questions. Her answers could be out of his range of comprehension.

" You think so? Thank you. There are still some things I need to work on and understand though... "

Even now that they were out here, Himitsu was still showing no sign of will to help him. If she wasn't going to agree, he would have to try a different approach.

He thought his reason for taking her out was obvious. Besides that part, it wasn't like they were enjoying themselves in class. The way he saw it, it was all worth it.

" I want you to be happy, and I thought it would be nice to try something new. There's just something about you that I love so much. It made me want to be closer to you. This isn't just a date. It's more special to me than that. "

They approach the couples. The two stop in front of them, eyes fixed on Negai. They seemed to have noticed Negai's stare. The woman takes her eyes off of Negai and turns to Himitsu, smiling a bit. She thinks of something, but isn't quite sure if the moment was appropriate to make a comment. She leans closer to her husband.

Her husband says, " Umm we couldn't help but notice you were looking at us. Is there something you want? "

( Ooooh. Well it doesn't change what I think about you. And I mean that in a good way. Smile We really should've talked a while back... But the time difference and all...
So I left you speechless huh? Wink Hahah it does get a bit harder once in a while )
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:00 pm

Himiko considered the modest statement - and it did seem to be a modest statement for Hikari. He spoke well; the accent didn't mangle any of his words and just made him seem exotic, and he hadn't misspoken once. On the other hand, she was noted for speaking at a speed that was easy to understand, rather than speeding up like a lot of people did - it came from a few years of greeting people in the restaurant - and the converstations hadn't exactly been riddled with strange words or odd sayings. Plus the conversations you'd have at school would always trend towards the same patterns and formats no matter what country you were in, wouldn't they?
"I suppose that makes sense. There's always so much to learn in a new language." She agreed. If he needed a translator for something far outside normal converstation, it made a lot more sense than him just needing someone to translate what people were saying to him on the street as she had initially pictured. In her defense, you'd normally hire a professional translator for something like that, wouldn't you?
Then again, normally you wouldn't be a young teenager moving to a new country by yourself. In nothing else, it would probably be out of the budget.

The only response she could think of was to duck her head down when he explained his reasons for pulling this stunt. If she'd thought maybe she was getting in over her head before, it was clear now that she was in real danger of drowning. They'd barely known each other half a day, and Hikari was saying the word 'love' and talking about how this was special to him. He'd even called this a date.
Well, okay, that part she guessed she could deal with. Blush and giggle about in front of a mirror afterwards, maybe.
But the rest overwhelmed her so much it left her breathless. They didn't even really know each other. But, she wanted to. Wanted to stay long enough to feel that way for him, wanted to know everything about him. She was drowning in a riptide; Hikari had drawn her to him even before she knew his name, and once she knew he'd known what it was like to have someone try and mold you into something you couldn't stand the thought of being until you broke and ran she knew she'd never be able to escape. But love was something that built over time and was still so far out of her reach.
"I. I can't, I mean." She made a vaguely distressed noise, caused one part by emotion and one part by the frustration at her own inability to get the right words, "I. This is too fast for me. Its-"

She still hadn't managed to find the right phrase before an older couple stopped before them and began speaking to them. She hadn't realized that Hikari had been staring at anyone.
The whirling mass of emotion wasn't helping right now, and instead she pushed it all to a dark corner of her mind so that she could concentrate on the world around her - it could be dealt with at a time when she didn't need to think very hard on things at hand. Like during a class. Cool detatchment slid into place as though there were carved grooves in her brain to match it. She looked first at the wife who was gazing at her, unconciously taking a slight step closer to Hikari to match the woman's movements, and then at the man who had spoken, "Oh, I'm sorry if we bothered you, sir. We're just a little lost - do you know where the skate rink it?"

((Haha, thanks Smile Yeah, Australia's eastern coast is +10hours ahead of Greenwich - I'm pretty sure US varies between -8h and -4h depending on where you are, for comparison. Being at least at +15 hours ahead of people tends to make scheduling a chat pretty tough, now that I can't check up on sites during school hours Wink.
I'm pretty sure everyone has those moments where the character decides they're going to go on strike. Its like Himitsu decided 'every time you try to respond to this post, I'm going to kick possible responses that don't fit this situation at all into your brain!'))

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:58 am

Negai opens his mouth, about to to say something. It was only then that they interrupted him. His attention was still on Himitsu when the man spoke, so he didn't even bother to look at him. It was like his mind was fixed on what she said, and with the thoughts that came to his mind, he began to get a little impatient. She totally took what he said out of context.

The woman, a little relieved, " Ooh that's what you wanted. "
The man, answering Himitsu with a smile, " It's down the street, just turn at that corner and you'll see a big sign that says ' Nami Skate Center '. We go there with our kids all the time. "

As playful as Negai is, he knew these feelings were being pushed onto her. And he had no problem respecting her wish to keep things slower. That was understandable. Well, he hoped it wouldn't take too long, at least. He'd do whatever it took.
But when he said that being out with her meant more than just a date, he wasn't thinking about the date itself, it was special because he got her to do something she always wanted to do. It wasn't the thought of getting a benefit out of it, just the fact that he made her a bit happy and that they could express themselves.
And for the 'love' part- Yes, he meant that, but she may have taken the love part too seriously. Then again, he probably should've said 'like'. As a friend, he loved some things about Joanna, but that didn't mean it would turn into romantically developed feelings. Not like he was comparing the two- in fact, he should stop going too much in-depth with this. Though he already admitted to having feelings for her.

Right in front of the couple, Negai replies to Himitsu, " That's alright. I'll slow down if you want, I don't mind. I didn't mean to force this onto you... "

He smiles, not showing any feeling of disappointment. He just didn't know she felt that way.

( Oh Himitsu is good at that Razz
I'm in Eastern Time here in the U.S. I actually checked the time difference when we all met. It's possible to... And speaking of Joanna, it would be nice to have her here too. You know, if we weren't just having our own time together )
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Himiko was ignorant to Hikari's frustration; he was skilled at keeping his feelings in check, and she was distracted with speaking to the adults in front of them. Besides which, she hadn't expected such a reation; without the context of his own head, and with the flirty attention he'd given her, it had seemed pretty clear what he'd meant.
"Ah, I see. Thank you, sir." Himiko stated politely to the man. She glanced briefly at the woman again, unsure why she seemed relieved or under the impression there would have been anything else they wanted, "We do appreciate your help. Hopefully we'll enjoy it as much as your children do."

Himiko looked down and toyed with her fingernails, both delighted and embarrassed that the conversation was being held in front of others. She's always been a private person, and while the idea of waving her personal relationships in front of people wasn't her usual habit, she couldn't deny that a part of her thought basked in the fact he was showing it, rather than act as though there wasn't anything between them just because someone else was there.
And that was beside the fact he seemed to understand her position and respect her boundaries. That made her want to glow, and while she didn't particularly feel the reassurance made her want to hurry whatever was happening between them, it made it feel safer, like something she could look forward to without apprehension and actively work towards.
"Thank you. I, appreciate it."

(Heh, this would be the perfect time for Joanna to decide that being a teacher was boring after all, and suddenly appear behind us, wouldn't it?

Sorry about the long delay - I just started my new job, and while its been an experience its also left me pretty drained.)

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:59 am

When they walk to the entrance of the Skate Center, he opens the door for her. Some kind of feeling came over him. He thought it was probably just excitement, something Himitsu might start feeling in a moment when she puts on her skates to go to the rink.

" We're finally here. "

A cool breeze came over to them when they entered. A burst of laughter could be heard far from the other side of the rink. Some people were gathered together as a group, speaking amongst themselves about how great they were skating today, and how funny their falls were. One person went on ahead to act like a person in the group, dramatically falling backwards to get a laugh. Others away from the group were either skating alone or in pairs. You could hear the sounds their skates made when they slid around the rink. The sounds and the mood inside were welcoming. There was a friendly atmosphere to it. Even when someone actually fell, the place was still in high spirits.

Walking to someone to assist them, he turns to her, still smiling, " What do you think? "

The employee there picked out their skates according to their shoe sizes, pointed them to the entrance to the rink, and where they could ask for assistance, if they had questions. Negai then paid the fee, which wasn't a big deal to him at all, considering he'd have to take on another " hit " to pay for another nights stay at. The thought hadn't really occured to him, he was focused and happy being with her.

After putting on their skates, Negai went on ahead to the rink, skating around a bit. He wanted to test how well he could still do it, and was pleased with the results. Plus he was totally showing off. He could still maintain his balance and push forward with an acceptable speed. Then after finishing, he rushes to Himitsu, holding his handing out to help her in.

" Okay, you ready? Just flex your knees, lean your body and push forward ( Wink hah ). You'll get the hang of it in no time. I can't promise that I won't laugh if you fall though... "

( Yes, that would've been the perfect time for her to come xD I was waiting for it too, would've been funny

And no worries. Smile What's your new job, if you don't mind me asking? )
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Himiko barely even registered that Hikari held the door open for her - though later she'd reflect on hos he was a gentleman because of it. She was distracted with hurrying through the doors. Even before having to stand in line for skates, you could lean up against one of the walls of the rink and that was just what she did, jumping up onto the curb to stare out on the ice with a grin.

The first time she'd seen skating on TV, it had been a professional competition. There had been an otherworldly quality to it; dark background and spotlights on a single skater, dressed in beautiful sequined dresses on sparkling ice, it had looked like something out of a fantasy. Later times she'd watched it on TV didn't bring in the same effect, since by then she'd been able to think realistically enough to know large groups of people didn't tend towards pretty and sparkly, but still the grace of the skaters on the screen had captivated her.

The scene before her was not otherworldly, and not many of the skaters on the ice had the grace of those on TV. That was okay, she didn't expect to see the environment of high-level professional athletes in front of her. It was the atmosphere that drew her in; there was a lightheartedness in the air, like the world was laughing in joy. That was what she'd felt when she'd watched skating on the screen, and turned into a little personal fantasy. A little part of her had been nervous, afraid it would turn out she'd dreamed of something that didn't really exist, but here it was; everyone joyful, everyone laughing, everyone enjoying themselves, and she was welcome to join in.
The laughter bubbled in her chest before she realized it; and frankly surprised her. She didn't laugh much; as a child she'd been too focused and serious, and these days it just felt like she didn't have time. She struggled to remember the last time she'd laughed, much less with sheer excitement like she did right now.

Grinning so hard her cheeks began to hurt, Himiko jumped off the rail and jogged to where Hikari was in line, eyes sparkling and bouncing in place as they were given skates their size. "Its brilliant!" She paused when Hikari pulled out his wallet, "Oh, I can pay for -" By then he'd already handed the money over, "...Okay. Just let me know how much I owe you later, I guess."

Hikari started skating while she was still trying to put on her skates comfortably, wriggling her cold toes inside them and fiddling with the shoe tongue before giving it up as a bad job. Walking towards the rink wasn't difficult even with the skates on; the skates themselves were bulky, but she'd had more difficult trials of balance before. She held onto the wall by the entrance and watched as Hikari finished his ring around the rink, marveling at his skill; he was fast, and kept pulling little tricks with his feet.
When he held out his hand towards her, Himiko grinned again and nodded, taking a step forward with the intent of grabbing his hand -
Only to slip backwards on her very first step and fall onto her back so hard she had to gasp for breath. It hadn't really hurt, but it had been surprising. Oh well, one lesson learnt, she'd do better.
Just as soon as she managed to get up again. Getting both her feet under her so she could get up seemed to be completely impossible, and whenever she thought she managed they slipped out again when she pushed upwards. Clearly she was making a fool of herself. But, as of yet, she didn't actually care.

((Darn you Joanna, y u no read our minds? Razz

I don't mind. I got into the public service's graduate program - IT stream. Very Happy I can't really be too specific though; I signed a confidentially agreement and all that))

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:49 am

Going back to her comment about paying him back, " No, you don't owe me anything. Don't worry about it. "

All he really needed was a place to stay. It wasn't like she was going to invite him to sleep at her place instead. What were the odds of that happening?

Laughing a bit, he reaches out once again to help her. This time, he kept his hands on her arms to hold her in place. He didn't want the same mistake to happen again, and had to help her find her balance. She wasn't bad for a beginner.

" Don't forget to lean. It helps to level your arms for balance too. "

He eases up his hands, slowly letting go of her, then slides back to stay behind her for the next few steps. Making sure she wasn't losing her step, he keeps his arms out to catch her, if she started to fall again.

Innocently sliding his hands down to her waist to give her space to extend her arms for balance, he leans a bit closer to continue.

" See? Told you you'd get the hang of it- Okay, now start taking steps. Use your right foot to glide... Rest... Then alternate to your left... "

He stares down to her legs, checking that she's still balanced, then slowly eases his hands off her waist to let her go.

" ... Look at you. Looking like a pro. "

Smiling, he watches her progress from behind. After waiting and leaving her some distance, he glides up to her again, skating by her side.

( Maybe we need to scream it in our minds :0 I heard that helps
- All jokes aside, I miss you Joanna :/ If you're reading this...

Oh, so I guess it's helping you get some experience for a profession. Don't know what you're doing exactly, but cool Smile )

Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Himiko looked doubtful for a moment, but then exhaled through her nose and shrugged, "If you're sure then." She was enjoying herself too much to worry over it. If he wanted to be nice, then the time to prevent that was way past, back when they were still at school.

Flailing around on the ice, Himiko tried to push herself back up to her feet, but every time she thought she was getting somewhere her legs slide out from under her again. Usually Hikari laughing at her would probably be humiliating, but right now she'd probably let him get away with everything. So instead, she just gave a half-hearted grimace and took his hand, letting him help to pull her up. He held on to her as she tried to regain her balance - though, when she was standing still that wasn't that hard, the skates were thick enough to make it easy. It was the lack of friction that got her.

When he slide around to put his hands at her waist, she took it as a cue to try another step. The first step she half fell back again, but grabbed his hands to catch herself before she tumbled into his chest. The second step was more successful; while there was no control, she at least kept her legs under her body. The third step came almost immediately, trying to keep the momentum. Then something just clicked, a circuit in her head suddenly flaring to life and working out to keep her balance on the ice... for the most part. She still wobbled, and several times she had to catch herself on the side as her feet went out in different directions, but for the most part it just worked.
She was so focused on her feet that she didn't notice when Hikari let her go. It was only when he skated next to her that she looked up, face flushed from the cold and grinning excitedly, "I think I get it. Except now I need to make myself let go of the railing."

((...Yeeeah, I've got no excuse for the wait here, sorry. :/ I wrote a reply, and then forgot to post it Mad I was so angry at myself I couldn't look at the RP for a week or two))

Himitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:55 am

He smiles again, " Yeah, that would help. "

He slides over a little closer, still at reach to hold her up, with just enough room for her to start moving forward away from the rails.

" But you're doing great... You have a nice body for this... "

Unexpectedly, his phone vibrates. There weren't any special jobs to be done today, so he found it strange that he recieved a message at an odd time like this. Whatever it was, it could wait. The person that hired him could find someone else. Besides, he was helping Himitsu, he thought it would be rude to check his phone right now.

" ... Oh, that's probably just my uncle's friend. I'll check my phone later. So, ready to try again? "

After a few minutes of trial and error, with Negai still by her side to help her, an employee makes an announcement:
" Hello everyone, we hope you're enjoying your time here at Nami Skate. Since we have enough people now, we're going to have our weekly pair competition in about ten minutes. Partner up with someone and make your way to the center of the rink when it's time to begin. The most impressive pair can come here free on their next visit, win our trophy, and a place on the title above our twelve-time winners- Ryuichi and Akima. Remember, you don't have to be a professional, just have fun with it and do your best. Until then, continue whatever you were doing. "

" Huh... I didn't even know they had competitions here. "

He looks at her confidently, hoping she wanted to try as much as he did. He had a good feeling about this.

" You wanna try? We still have some time to practice. "

He gives her a hopeful look, with a smile you couldn't say 'no' to.

( Hahah xD Oh that's what happened. I don't blame you, I'd be mad at myself too. It helps if you copy the whole thing and if you forget, or you log off automatically, you can just paste Smile )
Negai
Negai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4