New Aged Mafia

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Aged Mafia
New Aged Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the end of a Long Shift

3 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

At the end of a Long Shift - Page 2 Empty Re: At the end of a Long Shift

Post  Himitsu Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:24 pm

People stared when Himiko returned to table thirteen, as though they expected her to be kicked across the room for breaking the privacy of the two customers. Then again, the woman had knocked a man unconscious for complaining that his steak wasn't cooked right; extreme and violent reactions were being set as a precedence. Himiko wasn't worried - gratuitous violence had been a normal part of her life until two years ago - but she could see where other people would be concerned.

She set the plate of dango down in front of the woman, and then arrange the noodles and plates of side-servings beside the boy. He was telling the blonde about how he approved of her actions. Himiko couldn't say she agreed; committing multiple crimes for a situation that had already been under control and not involving you seemed... uncalled for, to say the least.
Meal served, Himiko bowed again, prepared to take her leave, "Enjoy your meal."

Himitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Joi6chan Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:26 pm

She felt a bit at ease now after hearing his statement. Though the waitress seemed to have a different opinion about that matter. But it wasn´t her business in the first place since she just tried to protect the staff and clear the problem. But ... she interfered when it wasn´t her job to interfere. She decided to apologize.

"Miss Himitsu. I´m sorry if I caused you trouble. I won´t interfere again but ... it seemed that there were problems you weren´t able to handle. Ah, that´s no excuse, I know. I´m sorry."

She gave her her best smile trying to make up for her maybe-fault. She liked the little restaurant and wanted to come here again, so ... Why was she worrying about what other people could think about her? She never did it before. But lately ... she was worrying about too much since she had to much time to worry. She turned back to him.

"So, is there somebody special you would like to see and you are able to see in Namimori?"
Joi6chan
Joi6chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:58 am

The moment she bowed and prepared to leave, he couldn't help himself anymore. There was something he was still unsure about. Naturally, it was the right moment to turn to her. There was just something he had to confirm. The sudden change in appearance and affection. Just when it was the right moment to do so, she stopped. Now it was harder to be serious.

After the exchange of words between the two, he now turned to his friend. With his mind returning to their previous conversation, he puts off the distraction he had earlier.

" Well... that's the thing... I've lost touch my family here. I may come across someone or something that'll give me some clues... "

He looks down to his bowl of noodles, repeating the same process of analyzing as he did with the water.
Negai
Negai

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:06 pm

Himiko was still smiling, but… well, her expression had changed into something that suggested the smile wasn’t exactly positive. Indulging, humoring, almost like a parent to a child, “Ma’am, we had one person who wanted a free meal because he didn’t like his steak. The only way it would have been possible to have the situation more under control would be to use a mind-control device. It wasn’t as though he had a bomb strapped to him. He was a nuisance, the sort we deal with every day, not a concern and certainly not a threat.” You on the other hand… Himiko had found the fight dull and distasteful, but she hadn’t missed the skill nor speed that her customer had used. With every other customer that had walked through those doors, Himiko had been confident in the knowledge that if things did suddenly turn violent – not that they ever had before, nor had she ever expected them to – she could take care of the situation until authorities arrived. With this woman’s skills and Himiko’s weapon distinctly absent, she could not be so certain. “However, with that said, I do appreciate your apology, and your intent; but it was very badly misplaced.”

She bowed again, even as the two turned back to each other to continue their own conversation, "Please enjoy your meal. If you have any trouble, please just call." Thus excused, she left the two to their food as she continued her duties.
The manager had called the police - well, he really had to, didn't he? Insurance was only the start of the reason - and she was given the honor of explaining to both parties involved they would have to wait until the authorities came to question them. Himiko wondered how this would end; so far it was a clear case against the foreigner. But she found herself reluctant to let that be the actual result. Was it because she was bored? To prove that she could? Himiko was shameful to admit she doubted it was any truely altruistic reason, but she wondered about how the clearly-coming arrest could be avoided. The woman couldn’t claim it was a translation issue that caused her to feel threatened, because she’d physically had to cross a room – by her own choice – to get involved. Similarly claiming she was trying to help her coworker wouldn’t fly as a defense, and as the first attack from the other party had been intercepted by Himiko herself the defense claim had more or less been thrown out the window.
…Although, since it was Himiko who’d suffered the first blow of violence, if you could call it that…

She approached table thirteen again some ten minutes later, "Sir, Ma'am? The police will be here soon to question everyone about the... events just previous. Sorry, insurance requirements and all that - my manager would be grateful if you would cooperate." She hesitated, but then decided to offer a freebie this once, "Ma'am, would you like some advice?"

Himitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Joi6chan Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:11 pm

The way she talked to her was making her angry. Like she was the one who knows everything and she was the little stupid child who was scolded. And it was getting even worse since they had called the police. She had no desire to talk to the police nor staying with that cocky waitress. But she did learn a thing: don´t interfere in critical situations in Japan. When the waitress was gone after bringing their meal she turned to him again.

"I hope you´ll find some clues, really. I´m sorry but I´m going to leave soon. I don´t intend speaking to the police since it was no big deal at all. It´s not that I´m going to escape. I just got a little something that makes me, let´s say immune."

When the waitress appeared again she turned to her not staying friendly anymore.

"You surely noticed that you can´t do anything against me. It may seem cocky but you´re not even worth talking. I was just trying to help you guys since it seemed that you had no controle over the situation and that´s what I´m earning ... Little girlie, you need to learn a lot more about the world outside. Ah, I´m sure you know something but the world you trying to work into is more than this. As an advice of me."

She don´t wanted to be that rude nor was it her style to be uptight but she was just pissed. Normally her boss would want her to call him so that he could handle the situation without using her badge giving her immunity. When the police arrived she hadn´t touched her meal. The officer noticed immediately that there was no need for them at all. When he came over to ask some questions he just looked at her then bowed and apologized for the inconvenience caused. Lucky. The called officer was one of her people living in Japan. No problem at all. She smiled then gave him a certain sign. After that he did some talking with all of the waitress and also the workers and then left with another bow. She turned back to him.

"I´m lucky today. I would like to go on with our talk but I´ve got no wish to stay here any longer. Would you like to talk somewhere else?"
Joi6chan
Joi6chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:03 pm

Negai sighed. All of this for something that wasn't so bad to him. Being trapped in an environment that lacked any law or the presence of the police, he wasn't used to being near the police. The only time he would see them was when there was something serious. And this didn't compare to what he'd seen before. Regardless, the matter will be handled.

" It's okay... "

Was her mafia family that rich? Dino's people were known for being wealthy. She must've had a special connection. It was similar to the time when the police turned the other way, after his temporary boss finished a mission. It was either fear of what may happen, or corruption. Either way, it was surprising to him.

" I would. How about we meet at that Namimori school later? I have some things to do first. "

He still wanted to finish his food. Then, there was the possibility that he was being followed, along with the getting back his memories part.

Negai
Negai

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:24 pm

Himiko raised her eyebrows, but rather than get angry her expression turned cooler again. Detachment. Himiko would later worried if she looked like her mother in these moments, “If you say so, Ma’am. Personally, I like the world I’m currently in, where I could have had the man’s CEO walk in here and fire him on the spot. He owes me a few favors.” For keeping a few mistakes in their legal department quiet which could have caused the entire Board of Directors to go personally bankrupt.
She did watch in silence as the woman left the table to speak to the officer – if you could call it that. It wasn’t often you saw an officer acting subservient to a foreigner – an act that was, in itself, suspicious, but what Himiko mostly wanted to know was what the sign she made was. The expression on her shift manager’s face, however, made her grin.
Okay, so maybe she was still a little offended that she’d been passed up for promotion solely because of her age in place of him.

The officer never actually asked Himiko for a statement before leaving, and as a result she was still hovering near table thirteen. That was also why she heard a statement that made it very clear that the woman – Himiko kind of wished she knew her name – intended to leave now. The boy, meanwhile, seemed intent on staying longer. Taking the prompts where they were given, Himiko wrote up the bill for juice and dango, handing it to her on a plate, along with a wrapped after-dinner mint chocolate, “Once again Ma’am, sorry for the trouble. Its kind of expected that a business take care of their regulars, even if their annoying.”
She considered for a moment as the woman read the bill, but then decided she might as well anyway, “Oh, that advice of mine, Ma’am? Student Protection Act, Section One B. Because you were defending an underage Namimori School student, not only is any violence short of killing deemed acceptable and not worth further investigation. If Mr Kaito Tenma’s lawyer calls, tell him that – they’ll switch to trying to negotiate a settlement where Tenma’s paying, so you don’t take them to small claims court for damages to your person. Too bad that particular Act isn’t well-known.” She’d never met Mr Hibari personally, but sometimes Himiko wished she could, just to say she had shaken the hand of someone who’d directly caused such an… incredible piece of legislation.

Himitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Joi6chan Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Her reaction was making her smile. So, she wasn´t that naive at all. Though she was a bit rude back then her face looked calm. Nice attitude. She was taking a liking to her since she acted so routine. But she was still a bit angry about them calling the police and herself for reacting so uptight, which wasn´t herself at all. The last weeks surely left marks and she decided to talk to her boss later. She paid the bill and listened to her again.

"Though I didn´t asked for an advice ... thank you. I don´t think that there will be any consequences for me. If I´ll see you again I´ll remember not interfering again, but let me say once: If you need any help, just call me. I´ve got some time on my hands and I´m staying in Japan for at least 2 weeks."

She wrote her number on the back of the bill. She didn´t know why she was doing this but ... She didn´t expected her to take it nor using it, probably due to this. She stayed at her seat to finish her drink.

"Namimori school? Are you sure that you don´t need help in finding some clues about your family? To be honest I´m really bored. I only need to go back and confirm that I´m ok ..."

Though she smiled it wasn´t a real smile. Just a fake one. She was getting used to this, finally.
Joi6chan
Joi6chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:24 pm

" Don't worry, I'll meet you later. I do need your help. But first, I have to try it on my own. "

He gave her a smile. There were just some things he didn't want to drag her into. Who knew what was waiting for him? It was possible that someone that was still alive knew about the Italian side of his family. Bringing someone that wasn't related may be too much of a trouble to his Japanse relatives. He was still telling her the truth though. She could be of some help.

He waited for her to get her things together before she left.

" Thanks. "

Making sure everything was okay now, he starts to eat.
Negai
Negai

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:29 pm

The two friends were talking about schools; Himiko had tried not to listen, to give them the privacy she offered all her customers. Between that and the fact she was walking between tables, that was really all she'd gotten from the conversation. Himiko wondered which school the boy went to - she'd never seen him on campus, so either he went to the private school or he was a high-schooler that had gone to a different middle school to the common one she went to. Then again, the two weren't mutually exclusive.

Himiko took the bill back at the same time she took the woman's money, blinking. Wait, what? Not a second ago she was snarling at Himiko, and Himiko was doing her equivalent of snarling back, and now they were trading phone numbers?
Adults were confusing.
"Thank... you?" She couldn't keep her brow from furrowing as she took a single glance at the paper, "Wait, I get a phone number but not a name? I don't mean to offend, ma'am, but somehow I don't think you want me asking for 'the foreign woman with violent tendencies'."

Himitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Joi6chan Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Of course he wanted to do this on his own first. She could understand that and would probably do the same. But she was relieved that she could, at least, do something. Since she needed to go on with a smile on her face she tried forgetting the fight with the waitress. But she seemed to be surprised about her change of mind and ... she wanted to know her name. She wanted to take the phone number? She was surprised herself.

"Mmmh? It would be nice if someone would remember me not as a women with "violent tendencies" but as a women who tried to help. My name is Joanna but I would like you keep it a secret since I don´t intend to let some more people know about that detail."

She sighed. Why was she doing that? Telling a completely strange person her name. Especially after their fight. Well, it seemed that her boss´ manners rubbed off on her. That made her smile though she didn´t thought that it was too good.

"Don´t worry about the fight a few minutes ago. I just hate it when people jump to conclusions and brand people that makes them look cocky and ... the police thing would have been too much trouble for that little incident. But, well, we talked a lot about that."
Joi6chan
Joi6chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:16 pm

As he kept eating, their exchange got his attention. It was nice to see that the argument had settled down. Later on, they might be able to become more friendly towards each other. Misunderstandings can lead to that.

What surprised him the most was her revealing her name. Which he wished she hadn't done. She wasn't much of a threat though. But it was a nice way to show friendship. Odd that the first time they met, they kept their names to themselves. Still, he liked it that way.

He looks at the two once again.
Negai
Negai

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Himiko tilted her head, wondering why on earth the wo - Joanna would have a reason to not want people to know her name. If that were the case, then wouldn't a pseudo name do? "If that's what you want." She agreed easily, and handed the bill back to her, "If you don't want people to know your name, you probably don't want them to know your phone number either. I've memorized it now." She almost regretted those last words as soon as she'd said them; no one ever believed she only needed to glance at something once to have perfect recall, "The restaurant and you are always going to disagree on whether an unconscious man is worth calling the police for, ma'am. The rest of us are just obeying our contracts. Its rather specific in that regard."

Himiko then took a step back from the table, "I need to get back to work now." Before her manager had a fit, "Thank you for your patronage, Ma'am. Please enjoy the rest of your meal, sir."
And with that, she returned to serving food to the rest of the customers. Her manager and the rookie were hiding in the kitchen - because apparently a foreign woman who had the police in her pocket was that terrifying. Or maybe it was just a guy thing.

Himitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Joi6chan Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:20 pm

When she talked to her she just smiled. She don´t wanted to loose her smile when she went back because that would cause some problems. But she noticed her statement about the telephone number. Interesting. She would keep that in mind. Though she believed that the fight wouldn´t matter anymore when she left the place she apologized again.

"So, I´m going to let my family know that I´m still alive or else they going to worry the whole day."

She laughed and stood up. Looking around again Joanna grabbed her bag and nearly fell down with it. She didn´t remembered it being that heavy. Pulling herself together she was about to go.

"See you later. Take the phone number and tell me when I´m of use or else I´m dying of boredom."

She smiled again then left.
Joi6chan
Joi6chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:02 pm

Negai smiled and took the number before looking back up to her.

" Bye. See you soon. "

It was probably a good idea to remember the number. What was really surprising was that the waitress memorized the number that quickly. There was no telling what other skill she had. Certainly different from the normal people he came across during his stay in towns and cities.

Now back to concentrating on where to begin. As he ate, he tried to think of where to head first. The house he was raised in, before he moved to Italy, was definitely near. There were still some recognizable details around. Good thing there hasn't been much of a change. Within a few minutes, he planned everything out, including the possibility of having to deal with more hitmen. All to which led to where he would finally meet up with her.
Negai
Negai

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:47 pm

The other workers relaxed when Joanna left, and Himiko didn't have the heart to point out that the boy - clearly a friend, and more than used to the violence Joanna displayed if his hyper calm reactions were anything to go by - might have been equally as dangerous. Her fellow waitress was already conspiring plans for them all to get extra pay, for having to deal with the situation; and she certainly wasn't going to complain at having a little extra spending money.

Himiko was sure she'd spent more time in the kitchen, answering questions of what had happened to the chefs than on the floor serving customers. The next time she looked over at table thirteen, the boy's plates were clearly empty; and since he didn't have company to talk with, she took that as her cue to approach, "I hope your meal was satisfactory, sir. Would you like to order dessert?"

Himitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Joi6chan Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:17 pm

When she stepped out of the place the sun was gone and it was starting to rain. In a hurry she went down the street to be "home" before she was totally soaked. A few minutes later she was standing in front of the Namimori hospital - one of them. Of course it wasn´t a real hospital but it was useful since it was equipped like a real hospital - a hideout with additional advantage. Before she entered the building Joanna went down the street again, crossed the street, turned to the left , went a few blocks straight and then turned right again and opened the door at the rear entrance.

Thankfully the rain had stopped a few minutes after she left the small restaurant but she had hardly entered the building she started to sneeze.

"Where have you been? The boss is searching for you. He thought that something has happened."

She sighed. One of her family members were standing in front of her looking more worried than he sounded. Surely due to her boss.

"Sorry, I´m going to see him straight away."
Joi6chan
Joi6chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Suddenly, he was interrupted. He lost track of time.

Turning to the waitress, he shakes his head. " No dessert. Thank you, everything was great. "

A thought occured to him. He had been sitting with... Joanna... and no one came to him for questions. Not that he would stay to respond to them. The police were probably not going to waste any more time. Anyway, it was best to pay and leave. Better to look around early.

Reaching into his jacket, he felt around for money. Hidden with wires, bullets, and some other unidentified items, he pulls out the amount necessary to cover the food, along with the tip for the waitress. He sets it down on the table and takes another drink.
Negai
Negai

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:44 pm

"I'm happy to hear that." Himiko put his bill and a mint chocolate on the table, "Please feel free to stay as long as you like." She collected the money, shuffling the coins around so that she could count - awesome, a tip - and excused herself to deposit it in the cash register. When no one barged in to threaten her with a gun, Himiko could only let out a sigh of relief - because after this shift, she wouldn't have put it past the universe.

But at least it was over. Her manager nodded her off, and Himiko put her serving platter away as she walked towards the back room, rubbing the back of her neck to get rid of some of the stiffness. The employee's lounge wasn't the right word for it - it was half locker room, half table and chairs with a microwave. Himiko opened her own locker, hanging up her apron - she'd have to wash it soon, but it could hold out for another day - and reclaiming her school satchel. She then opened her bag, fumbling around for her umbrella - the forecast had been for heavy rain, after all.
Hey, wait a moment, where was that book she needed to read tonight? She had an in-class essay on that thing tomorrow, and she hadn't started the darn thing yet. Did she leave it at home? ...No, wait. It was still in her desk at school.
For the first time that night, Himiko gave into the desire to curse out loud.

Himitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Joi6chan Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm

She put the bag at a table standing next to her and emptied it. There were some things she bought for her family and a few things for herself. When she saw that worried and reproachful look he gave her she sighed.

"Ok, ok. I´m going ... Could you please put the perishable goods in the fridge?"

He nodded with a smile on his face which made her sigh again. She assume her boss being in his room since it seemed that he wasn´t with the Vongola again. While she was in the elevator she thought about what she could tell him and what she would tell him. Joanna shook her head and looked to the side. Her face in the mirror seemed pale and her normally sparkling green eyes looked tired and somehow empty though the day wasn´t that bad at all. She run her fingers through her hair to make it look better but it was still a bit clammy due to the rain outside. It doesn´t really worked. I don´t care. Not today. When the door opened she stepped into the room and the used smell she really loved was making her take a deep breath.

"I was waiting for you. Where have you been?"
Joi6chan
Joi6chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:11 am

Having no time to waste, he grabs his umbrella and stands up to leave. The people that were still eating went back to their normal business, as if everything was back to normal again. Yet the small laughters and loud conversations he heard earlier died out.

Outside again. There was slight change this time. Feeling a drop of water on his head, he looks up to see the clouds. Rain. It was times like these that he wished he had a regular umbrella. Of course he could open it. It just wasn't the type of place.

A minute late on schedule, he starts off by checking the area for any possible hitmen. No one was near. After a few more seconds of checking again, he felt at ease. Well, slightly at ease. There was no such thing for him. Finally finished, he stops, turns to the direction he was heading, then takes a deep breath.

The rain wasn't making this any better.
Negai
Negai

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:24 am

Her things gathered, and her school uniform folded carefully in her satchel with her books, Himiko went to leave for the night, waving goodbye to the kitchen staff as she went.
"Oh, Himitsu." The head chef pushed a plastic container into her hands. The smell of well cooked meat made her stomach gurgle loudly and her mouth water, "Take that, you need to eat more."
They were familiar words. The head chef had said similar things to her, and some of the other staff, before. The container would have food that had been returned to the kitchen untouched because of customer complaint - or possibly never left because it wasn't made to specifications - but was still good and edible. Their chef didn't believe in wasting food, and the boss certainly wasn't going to argue with his partner.
There were times when she loved working here. Himiko grinned, "Thanks. See you tomorrow~" She waved as she bounded out the employee's exit, opening up into the side street.

And immediately began getting pelted by rain. She hadn't realized it was this heavy. Himiko fumbled with her umbrella, letting her bag rest on the steps under the eves as she fought to get it open - something that the hunk of metal was surprisingly resistant to. Himiko muttered insults at the object under her breath, trying to reach the balance between pushing her umbrella up the rest of the way so it would stay open and not bending the metal.

Himitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Joi6chan Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:42 pm

"I ... I just went buying some things and ended up talking in a restaurant."

She smiled but looked down while nervously kneading a strand of her hair. Nice excuse. As if he would believe it. It would have been better to tell him about her shopping tour only. But she couldn´t change it anymore so she just needed to go on with the story trying not to mention her little slip-up earlier including giving her name to someone she doesn´t even know. What was that? Why was she always feeling somewhat guilty and stupid in front of him? She always wanted to fit into the family, wanted to be his guardian and always she felt like she wouldn´t ever. She ever felt lucky belonging to them. Maybe she just don´t want to loose that feeling and ever staying like this. Confused. Today ... what a day.

"Why don´t you raise your head and try looking into my eyes."

She didn´t noticed him stepping next to her so she flinched but didn´t raised her head. He sighed then lifted up her chin so that she was forced to do so. Somehow, she felt sad and weak. Why? It has been a day like every other and still ... It was no use, she needed to play her part just like every day and still ... she couldn´t. She needed to stop with that stupid "doubting herself".

"Sorry. Why were you waiting? Is there any job for me to do?"
Joi6chan
Joi6chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Negai Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Now drenched in rain, he starts to walk. Even though he was in hurry, he walked normally. Not like the fast pace people normally had when they were trying to get out of the rain. Something told him he wasn't going to find anything. Just a feeling he couldn't shake. This time, he tried to stay optimistic about it.

Slightly twirling the handle on his umbrella, he starts to think more about it. As he moved part of his wet hair to the side, he turns around. Another check. No one... yet. What if he did find something? Maybe there a better chance with Joanna's help. Her number was kept safely inside his pocket. If the rain ended up ruining the paper, he would have to seriously think about the numbers. The first few were easy. Remembering all of it with all the thoughts in his head was harder.

All of this was so strange to him. This is the closest he had been to finding his family in years. And now there were these feelings...
Negai
Negai

Back to top Go down

Post  Himitsu Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Aha, there you go. The umbrella clicked into place as though it were the first attempt, as opposed to the thirty-third. Himiko lifted it over her head, holding it with the crook of her arm as she reclaimed her school satchel from the step. Right now... A growl from her stomach returned her attention to the box her other hand; a pair of chopsticks was tied around it with an elastic band. Himiko tried to open the box and hold the umbrella at the same time, but was forced to give it up as a bad job. She could eat as she walked normally, but not with only one hand. Fine; she'd have time soon, at home.

Belongings fully sorted, Himiko left the doorway and into the wet alley, then out into the main street. There weren't many people out - not only was it after dark, but the rain had encouraged those who were nightlife to stay in their cars - but she thought she caught sight of someone turning down a different street.
Now, her book. Her middle school wasn't that far off the path towards her apartment, so it wouldn't take much extra time to check if the building was open still. Yes, she'd go there first; if it was closed, then she'd only wasted time she'd have spent on reading the book in the first place. If it were open, she'd be able to read it tonight - and staying up an extra thirty minutes was much easier than trying to walk up earlier so she could read it before class.
Plan set, Himiko walked slowly towards the school. After a long shift, being able to walk at a leisurely pace was something of a novelty. And it helped to keep the water on the ground from somehow finding its way under her socks and into the back of her shoes.

Himitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum